Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 2020 General Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

26 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Maybe some small hail north of Fort Lee.

4E94F75C-0C87-403C-AA52-B2C424949D39.thumb.png.38002a61a98edcc29dcaa1bad8cafaee.png

Would be funny if that kept LGA from 90. Looks like the rain just barely missed the airport but im sure it clouded up. Back to mostly sunny here and 76..

Actually, no its passing thru there now, last I saw was 89 @ LGA so we'll see.

1 minute ago, dWave said:

Would be funny if that kept LGA from 90. Looks like the rain just barely missed the airport but im sure it clouded up. Back to mostly sunny here and 76.

So far it looks like both highs are at 89 degrees.

Went to beach for first time today, here in CI.        Read my thermometer remotely from beach and it was 83* at 3pm, but dark clouds to my north and northeast.      So I checked Central Park it was in the mid-70's with rain, at that time.

Newark's quest for 90* ended at 3:07pm.

In the LR, it is possible Tampa,  Florida could get its first BN Month out of the last 27 or so I believe.      They are slightly positive now.     Eastern half of US looks BN  till June 20 or so.

ODD WIND ALERT JUST ISSUED:

New York City is experiencing intermittent wind gusts in excess of 40 MPH. Strong winds can cause flying debris, turn unsecured objects into projectiles, & cause power outages.

Preparedness Actions:
Before an Outage
- Charge cell phones
- Gather supplies
- Turn refrigerator/freezers to a colder setting
During an Outage
- Stay clear of downed power lines
- Turn off all appliances
- Keep refrigerator/freezer doors closed to prevent food spoilage
- Do not use generators indoors
- If you have a disability/access needs, or use Life Sustaining Equipment (LSE) and need immediate assistance, dial 911.

For the latest weather info: www.weather.gov/okx/.

I reached 89* here about 5:30pm.

18 minutes ago, Eduardo said:

Yeah wow. Sun came out for about half an hour here in Lindenhurst and now, out of nowhere, have heavier rain than before!

Same here in SW Suffolk. This second batch of storms is more impressive that the first. Heavier rain and close CG strikes.

110A6126-155D-4249-BCA6-07F58717ED7E.thumb.png.ce52b4c3ac1dd3d350a6d94a82788166.png

4 minutes ago, uncle W said:

90 imby...no rain here... Central park hit 86 before the shower...could of would of should of hit 90 without the rain...

The actual Central Park temperature was probably close to 90 up on the castle where the instruments used to be. You can see how many times NYC,LGA, and EWR had similar highs before the instruments got moved under the trees in 1996. 

18 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The actual Central Park temperature was probably close to 90 up on the castle where the instruments used to be. You can see how many times NYC,LGA, and EWR had similar highs before the instruments got moved under the trees in 1996. 

snowfall measurements have been unreliable at times since 1996...