Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Discussion

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Did you lend him a hand?

Ha, not in a the way you hope.  I'm laughing thinking about that memory.  Got him a golf ball that he put under his sack to scratch the itch and then our Earth Science teacher caught him sitting on it in the middle of class... I picture HubbDave finding a student rolling a golf ball under his nut sack in the final weeks of the school year.  "Get out, I don't care why.  Just leave."

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

They had been concentrated in the mid coast area for quite a few years but move in this area for the first time as I have not had to deal with them and until you get it, You don’t know you have an issue and I have found out the hard way but now know the trigger for it.

Just now, dryslot said:

They had been concentrated in the mid coast area for quite a few years but move in this area for the first time as I have not had to deal with them and until you get it, You don’t know you have an issue and I have found out the hard way but now know the trigger for it.

You got that in LEW or were you closer to the coast?

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

You got that in LEW or were you closer to the coast?

Here in my yard in Lew, One of there favorite species of trees is crab apple and my neighbor had a fairly big nest in his tree this spring, When the larvae hatch and they leave the nest, It releases all the toxic hairs into the air as well as when the caterpillar moults into a moth, It leaves behind the carcass, I had several on my foundation but thought nothing of it not having to deal with them before but quite aware now.

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Here in my yard in Lew, One of there favorite species of trees is crab apple and my neighbor had a fairly big nest in his tree this spring, When the larvae hatch and they leave the nest, It releases all the toxic hairs into the air as well as when the caterpillar moults into a moth, It leaves behind the carcass, I had several on my foundation but thought nothing of it not having to deal with them before but quite aware now.

Maybe it's a good thing the sapsuckers are killing my crabapple.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Big forest fires in July? 

Not big but stuff like this igniting  leaves and other stuff it doesnt take much when the woods are close

https://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=MAZ010&warncounty=MAC015&firewxzone=MAZ010&local_place1=4 Miles NNE Belchertown MA&product1=Special+Weather+Statement&lat=42.3321&lon=-72.3849#.XvTmFjMpA0M

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

75/52

This does feel good and as fun as it was, this is much better for being outside doing literally anything but swimming than the big heat was.  

Don’t hear any children crying either because they are cold ;).

Preach it brother.

54 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Maybe it's a good thing the sapsuckers are killing my crabapple.

Had i knew then what i know now, I would have done my neighbor a favor when they were dormant and removed this nest in early spring, It won't happen next year.

IMG_4069.PNG

31 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Those poor kids in VT. Probably huddling inside playing Mario-Kart.

This is a absolute shiat weekend to go away but its one of the only ones i can.  If i choose S coast / Cape i need warm and good sun if i go N Vt the hotel has most all i need but a cool rain would be a bit of a bummer.  

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

This is a absolute shiat weekend to go away but its one of the only ones i can.  If i choose S coast / Cape i need warm and good sun if i go N Vt the hotel has most all i need but a cool rain would be a bit of a bummer.  

Jay Peak?