Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June Discussion

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

7 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Some EPS members show no precip at all. most in the 1 to 2 inch range the next 10 days

Couple runs old, but the 23.00z EPS had a 10th percentile of around a half inch for most of the area (i.e. 90% of the time you're getting at least 0.50").

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Ekster and I go back and forth as to whether we want the office to have WeatherBell or WeatherModels.

I trust Ryan with content going forward, but that relationship with Joerg is strange to me. I couldn’t understand why they partnered and then Joerg beefed up weather.us and paywalled some of that too. I sense more stability with WB. 

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Sell all that. Maybe a spot storm Sat evening otherwise dry 

We get a batch of showers and embedded heavier downpours with thunder very early Saturday AM then we should see scattered-to-numerous showers and t'storms progress through the region Saturday night...they may fizzle before getting to extreme eastern areas but those areas see action Sunday. 

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I trust Ryan with content going forward, but that relationship with Joerg is strange to me. I couldn’t understand why they partnered and then Joerg beefed up weather.us and paywalled some of that too. I sense more stability with WB. 

My gut feeling is that WB will be status quo, while WM will see features grow over time (as long as Ryan doesn't leave there too).

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

We get a batch of showers and embedded heavier downpours with thunder very early Saturday AM then we should see scattered-to-numerous showers and t'storms progress through the region Saturday night...they may fizzle before getting to extreme eastern areas but those areas see action Sunday. 

There’s nothing Saturday morning. Toss that NAM crap 

13 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Count on it being a head fake.

Water levels at local ponds and lakes around here are laughably low for this time of year.

If it stays a bit north of us it may not be that bad at all. Maybe some self destructive sunshine and scattered afternoon showers? 

52 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

On the bright side, the drought has made ticks almost nonexistent around here.  I have not seen one in weeks and we were inundated during spring. 

Yea Ive noticed that too. My boxer loves to chase wildlife in the woods around here and she typically returns with ticks on her but this season...nada. We use homemade tick shield but it’s never bulletproof during bad seasons. Certainly the dryness has been blessing in disguise.