Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
June Discussion

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

@dendrite You are the soil expert. This reading at THS.. is that normal or dry?

kAFVn42.png

Bone dry. Those Davis stations use Watermark soil moisture sensors. 200 centibars is the dry limit. 0cb is satuated.

So 6" deep is very dry and 12" has a bit of moisture, but is still on the dry side.

Usually you're supposed to pull them in the spring and reinsert them so that there's good contact between the sensor and soil. Freeze/thaw cycles can cause the soil to pull from the sensor with time.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, alex said:

It really went out of its way not to reach 90 here this past 7 days. 88-89 every day with a max of 89.6. Fantastic stretch though!

That would get you a 90F at an ASOS, ha, but I know what you mean.  

88-89F for a week at 1,500ft is crazy hot.  

Just now, BrianW said:

Groton still hasn't hit 80 yet this year. I looked back 10 years and it seems rare for them to not have had some 80's yet. 

month_06__year_2020__station_GON__network_CT_ASOS__dpi_100 (1).png

Natural air conditioning.  Been awesome down at the shore this year.  You can just feel the difference big time about a mile away. 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just further proof that area is the worst weather wise in SNE. Terrible in the winter finding so many ways not to snow.. and no real heat in summer. You couldn’t pay me enough to live there 

I would agree, they don’t even see swell at ocean as they are blocked by L. I 

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I would agree, they don’t even see swell at ocean as they are blocked by L. I 

The Cape is 100x better , especially in winter . I don’t have stats, but I wonder if they may average more snow than GON area? The second the wind goes SE there it warms and rains. There’s got to be some kind of warm current or connection based on location to the Gulf Stream that causes that. 

Just now, dendrite said:

I will take those euro amounts for Sat and run. 

Could be a wet, cool afternoon up here. GFS kicking its ass again. 

First time looking at a model run since early May, Don't know which one is on the right side of the scorecard these days.

48 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Bone dry. Those Davis stations use Watermark soil moisture sensors. 200 centibars is the dry limit. 0cb is satuated.

So 6" deep is very dry and 12" has a bit of moisture, but is still on the dry side.

Usually you're supposed to pull them in the spring and reinsert them so that there's good contact between the sensor and soil. Freeze/thaw cycles can cause the soil to pull from the sensor with time.

I missed this reply lol. Thanks. Let’s hope we get a pop storm Sunday . Haven’t seen it like this in many many years 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I have that miss SE feeling today on these cells.

After missing NW this morning.  Felt that today's RA was slipping away when yesterday's GFS cut qpf in half and GYX dropped pop from 60% to 40.  Today looked really nice for qpf when still out 80+ hours, just like Saturday looks now?  Seeing would be believing.  (Actually felt what I thought was mist about noon as I watered the garden and fed the mosquitos.)