Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Discussion

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

we better at least see this pattern evolve to produce several derechos across New England for July and August. 

I'm sure we'll get pulsers that collapse on themselves after 30 minutes.

• Haha 1

Just now, weatherwiz said:

That's all that's been happening. It's been pure garbage. Winter just can't come fast enough at this rate. This is just plain stupid. 

Time to move west into Litchfield county and embrace winter. You will get more severe there too.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Time to move west into Litchfield county and embrace winter. You will get more severe there too.

NW CT is like an entirely different climate. Norfolk area would be perfect...there are some houses which have amazing views to the west and they get nailed with snow in the winter. 

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

A little like 2018 up there with 6 straight days...minus the big dews this time around though.

Glad we didn’t live in BTV in 1944.

781BCC69-3F3A-4F56-8A3D-D45680D9685F.jpeg

I hope I never have to live through another summer as humid at '18 was. It was revolting. My walls were sweating on a regular basis, I had mold trying to grow on furniture, I even had glue from antique furniture liquefy and create structural issues. Truly as bad a warm season as they come.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

A little like 2018 up there with 6 straight days...minus the big dews this time around though.

Glad we didn’t live in BTV in 1944.

781BCC69-3F3A-4F56-8A3D-D45680D9685F.jpeg

I see I have been confusing my summers. 

1993 was hot in Vermont with a similar 5 day stretch of 90+ but the summer when BTV hit 100 twice was two years later in 1995 -June 19 and July 14.  What makes that impressive is that it looks like they have only had 4 such days ever and the 95 dates were not in the same month and neither were part of a 3+ day heat wave.  I remember that summer was very dry.  We ended up with water restrictions in my town.

https://www.weather.gov/media/btv/climo/extremes/extremetemps.pdf

Hottest BTV temps by year.

https://www.currentresults.com/Yearly-Weather/USA/VT/Burlington/extreme-annual-burlington-high-temperature.php

https://www.weather.gov/media/btv/climo/extremes/heatwave.pdf

6 hours ago, dryslot said:

To bad Kevin wasn't right on the last birch bender snow storm in april we had up here with taking down my neighbors crab apple tree, I wouldn't be suffering round two from this.....

IMG_4059-1.jpg

LOL--this morning I realized I don't recall a single post this year of gypsy moths.  Probably due to the deadly drought that's only allowing the Quabbin and Wachusetts resevoirs to hover over 90% capacity (99.4% for the Quabbin on June, 94% for the Wachusett).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

LOL--this morning I realized I don't recall a single post this year of gypsy moths.  Probably due to the deadly drought that's only allowing the Quabbin and Wachusetts resevoirs to hover over 90% capacity (99.4% for the Quabbin on June, 94% for the Wachusett).

52 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

The fungus last year got them. This year with the drought.. guess who’ll be back next year?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Sprinkler getting it done.

73D2FA3C-01EB-48E6-AAAA-2EF23B12E0F1.jpeg

41D76970-617F-4A34-BBC2-47933C1A2247.jpeg

A0DCD04F-CFDF-4757-B222-C4BB6E865064.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The fungus last year got them. This year with the drought.. guess who’ll be back next year?

Stole this from the lawn thread.  The folks across the street's lawn is crispy.  Sprinkler for the win.

We're putting the house on the market in a week or so--need to keep it looking decent. (yup, moving again).

5 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Stole this from the lawn thread.  The folks across the street's lawn is crispy.  Sprinkler for the win.

We're putting the house on the market in a week or so--need to keep it looking decent. (yup, moving again).

What the heck?  Do you do it to flip them?  

I sorta want to stay in my house until I die (or at least retire)

Pool

was 84F just now.  We have never done that before.  Bath water