Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
June Discussion

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

68 here with epic fail. One of the more violent pork jobs I can remember relative to even Logan.

It was an interesting meteorological phenomenon - perhaps unnoticed... I don't know. 

But, typically backdoor boundaries don't come in this way.  As you/we know ...there is more typically a build up of higher sfc pressure in/over the GOM, and then mass- discontinuity restoring rolls on down SW fills in everywhere east of the Berks'... taking Kevin out of contention for bigger heat with violent denial.. 

We did not actually raise surface pressure in the GOM this time, however. We lowered the pressure south ... and this instantiated the discontinuity from the other direction. I think that is interesting, and the NAM has 08 wind directions on the FOUS into BOS yesterday...   

June sun saved us here in Middlesex.  In April we'd have been jammed up with that skud strata right through tomorrow morning but we've processed it out.  The zephyrs are still ESE here in Ayer and though it's bounced to 83/71 and is starting to feel it,...clearly by satellite we are still mixing the slab out. The cu fields over the Worcester Hills are moving this way - I almost wonder if we get a late high... but probably Logan stays butt banged.  

... not sure what others are noticing but there are GEF tele's and EPS modal suggestions for heat wave potential next week.  Sort of 'cross-guidance' support. We'll see. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This was /is a special one for you guys in NNE and then the last three days heatwave in SNE. I think we see some 95-100 stuff possible later middle / end of next week places like DXR, CEF, BDL, CON... maybe BOS

Congrats

7C6D1838-C482-4A75-A328-49EAEFB38030.png

Those are some summer of 2009 or 2010 numbers for July 1.  Eww.  I remember being in CNJ one of those years for 5 days around July 6 and all 5 days were easily above 100.  I think the highest was 105.    I think it was 2010 because as we drove back we came through Springfield Mass and had a car temp at 100.

1 hour ago, klw said:

Those are some summer of 2009 or 2010 numbers for July 1.  Eww.  I remember being in CNJ one of those years for 5 days around July 6 and all 5 days were easily above 100.  I think the highest was 105.    I think it was 2010 because as we drove back we came through Springfield Mass and had a car temp at 100.

Had over that a few times last year driving through Springfield 

1 hour ago, klw said:

2010.  2009 was cold and wet.

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Nope...probably not. Not in this POS summer. Stupid garbage patterns really. HHH garden variety t'storms...bullshit. One of the most ridiculous things ever. Just fast forward to the end. 

At this point I'll just take some rain for the garden