Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Discussion

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

6 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

After getting caught in a thunderstorm on Crawford Path, attempting to summit Mount Washington, never again will I get caught stuck out in a t-storm.  Pretty petrifying.

Don't have to be on a mountain to be almost petrified.  Back in the early 60s in NNJ I was fishing on the local 50-acre lake in a 10-foot aluminum rowboat (no motors allowed) on my day off from a 6-day week as lifeguard.  It was midweek and flat calm so no sailboats; mine was the only watercraft on the lake.  The day was cloudy and humid, the kind with occasional embedded TS, and the first bolt hit a hilltop 1/2 mile to my east.  Within 30 seconds CGs were snapping all around and the surface was frothing in the RA++.  Tried my best to get that super-conductor boat on plane heading for the nearest shore, my head the highest target on the lake.  Only took about 3 minutes, but they were looooong minutes.

Actually had a mostly cloudy morning, and even with sun it's only in the 70s here.  The scattered TS are, as usual, not making any moves toward my place.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This was /is a special one for you guys in NNE and then the last three days heatwave in SNE. I think we see some 95-100 stuff possible later middle / end of next week places like DXR, CEF, BDL, CON... maybe BOS

Warmer then my liking but not like i was going to be able to change it, We deal with it but the garden really likes it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

This is what it’s all about. Even if not near a beach, run through the sprinkler, enjoy the south wind magic. Grill a burger and throw back a cocktail.  

Lol , I can do all of the above with more pleasure when it’s 75, not counting the sprinklers (who no adults use lol) 

I do like the heat when I got a beach or pool , I did do S FL for 10 years 

i mean unless hot weather got my kids out and gave me peace 

10 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Lol , I can do all of the above with more pleasure when it’s 75, not counting the sprinklers (who no adults use lol) 

I do like the heat when I got a beach or pool , I did do S FL for 10 years 

i mean unless hot weather got my kids out and gave me peace 

Covid changed me. I just want to be outdoors, socializing etc. Give me nice beach weather with the sun shining and warm breezes and it’s freedom. I can’t deal with crap weather and staying indoors. I’m not a hermit. I’d give my left one to just have beers with y’all. Maybe someday. 

• Like 2