Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June Discussion

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

BOX had multiple reports of flooding and cars under water. But they’ll issue a FFW for half inch of rain sometimes. Situational awareness. It’s Father’s Day with lots of people traveling.

Yeah that makes more sense.  Urban flooding doesn’t vary with weeks of dryness... if it takes a fast 1-2” to flood parking lots and low areas on highways, then that’s what it takes.  

I was looking at it through the lens up here on how much water it takes to get a stream into a muddy torrent blowing out culverts and washouts.  Usually those FF guidance progs are pretty accurate in that regard.

30 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

the lack of big CAPE on the GFS is really stressing me out. I almost want to make a photoshop of big CAPE over us to make me feel better 

Pay attention to less global and more local.  You missed decent cells in New England both weekend days.

• Like 1

Mansfield managed to stay relatively cloud free on the hill today for some reason, lots of sunshine so today was actually the hottest day in the stretch up there. 

82F at the picnic tables, only 3F off the all-time high set in May, which matches with BTV's 94F.  They hit 95F that day in May when the summit hit 85F.  Yesterday afternoon storms kept the temp down. 

Was driving S earlier on 128 through Belmont, Lexington into Waltham and down to the Pike in a deluge.  Left 2.5 lanes had to merge all the way right at one point with about a foot of water on the road.  Every underpass had cars and/or motorcycles stopped underneath.    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

Pay attention to less global and more local.  You missed decent cells in New England both weekend days.

These type of events are like the equivalent of scattered snow showers in winter. I do appreciate these type of setups (though that's a poor word choice here...not really a setup but more of a output of heat/humidity combo with mesoscale forcing's) b/c while very isolated these t'storms can pack a punch locally and spit out a ton of CG's. But I just am looking for one nice widespread setup...late spring/early summer we should have nice really solid severe setups then we transition to the HHH t'storms. 

47 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

These type of events are like the equivalent of scattered snow showers in winter. I do appreciate these type of setups (though that's a poor word choice here...not really a setup but more of a output of heat/humidity combo with mesoscale forcing's) b/c while very isolated these t'storms can pack a punch locally and spit out a ton of CG's. But I just am looking for one nice widespread setup...late spring/early summer we should have nice really solid severe setups then we transition to the HHH t'storms. 

Not in my 36 years living in New England.   Better nyc southward 

• Like 1