Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Discussion

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

1 minute ago, Cyclone-68 said:

I’ve always wondered how they’ve managed to get outbreaks in the past 

When the jet stream is shifted so far north they have great dynamics. Also they can get pretty hot temperatures. Dewpoints I’m not certain about but my guess is they can still get solid moisture return...that or maybe the elevation is super high (despite being flat land) so even dewpoints in like the 40’s or 50’s suffice as quality moisture (same concept as in like the Rocky Mountain region...though I must say I completely forget why they can do so well with severe with dews so low). I also think they get plenty of EML air so that yields big CAPE...add that with excellent shear and boom

• Like 1

Just now, HimoorWx said:

I am about 2 miles northeast of there. Constant thunder and lightning, some very close, but still very little rain. Gusty winds now.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Very interesting how localized the rain seems to be! It is an absolute deluge right now near the Target

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

How is there not a FFW from Randolph to Brockton. Over 2”. Just under .7” here.

Not used to sea breeze storms forming?

Meanwhile here in S FL couple of cracks of thunder just to my south with a storm forming 

68 off a high of 91. 0.7”. Sounds Randolph and Holbrook are a mess.
Weird storm in north Randolph. Under orange and red echoes for a long time. Constant thunder and lightning; some of the loudest and closest strikes in a long time. A lot of wind. Almost no rain. Any damage reports from south of here?

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, HimoorWx said:

Weird storm in north Randolph. Under orange and red echoes for a long time. Constant thunder and lightning; some of the loudest and closest strikes in a long time. A lot of wind. Almost no rain. Any damage reports from south of here?

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Lots of flooding down by 139. Yeah constant thunder audible here from that cell.

40 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

How is there not a FFW from Randolph to Brockton. Over 2”. Just under .7” here.

It's been dry?  We had a couple locations just north of here come in with 1.88" and 2.10" in very short order yesterday with no FFW. 

I think the FF guidance is really high, like 3"/hr or more right now. 

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It's been dry?  We had a couple locations just north of here come in with 1.88" and 2.10" in very short order yesterday with no FFW. 

Actually probably pretty close in Brockton if they are over 2".... 1-hr FF values showing 2.5-3.0" there. 

The Cape needs a lot of water to trigger, ha.  Though I don't know how this takes into account urban areas... that's probably a different animal than how much rain it takes to make a waterway a muddy torrent.  A highway underpass probably floods with the same amount of water whether its been dry or not.

Untitled.jpg.16840fdee7b8f2ae0ef0be33c0f2ba7e.jpg

27 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Not for Regular flooding. I mean FF with 4-6”:hr estimates. 128 is a river by the pike.