Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Discussion

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

31 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Woke up in a lovely 67F A/C environment 

heading to 90

wont be outside much today, unless I stumble into a pool

Woke up to that without A/C after 93F yesterday, ha.  Outside was 62F.  Very thankful for the nights lately.  I might turn the A/C on a little in that 4-8pm range but then it’s usually cooler outside by 9pm where it seems silly to have it blasting air when the windows and deck doors could be open.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Dews aren’t impressive at all down there. 

It’s 85/62 at IJD... 85/68 up here at MVL (rain yesterday with fog all night jacked up our humidity).

BDL is 88/62, ORH 84/61.

Not screaming humid but I’m not down there.

It’s muggy but not horrific. Early this morning seemed muggier than it is now. There are some nasty dews hugging the coast though. PVD over to the cape in the 70 range and even up toward GHG and BOS. 

Scooter will be happy...glad we dont live there. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

It’s muggy but not horrific. Early this morning seemed muggier than it is now. There are some nasty dews hugging the coast though. PVD over to the cape in the 70 range and even up toward GHG and BOS. 

Scooter will be happy...glad we dont live there. 

I know how CT can get, every other year I go down there it seems ridiculously humid with the sites 68-72F type dews.  

Just saw a bunch of low 60s inland sites and that actually seemed not all that bad by CT summer standards.  

Its not dry Chamber for sure, it’s that first stage of muggy on the news humidity graphics, lol.  

BOS at 68F like up here for dews, that’s humid.

27 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Dews aren’t impressive at all down there. 

It’s 85/62 at IJD... 85/68 up here at MVL (rain yesterday with fog all night jacked up our humidity).

BDL is 88/62, ORH 84/61.

Not screaming humid but I’m not down there.

Don't know why he Lol ed, its absolutely gorgeous 82/61

38 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Don't know why he Lol ed, its absolutely gorgeous 82/61

Interior is def drying out a little bit. ORH down to 59F dew. GHG up to 72F with a SE wind though. Scooter throwing a party on his front lawn. Lol

11 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

This is starting to get god damn ridiculous. Worst fooking summer ever. Not a single good threat on the horizon. Just fake bullshit. Stupid shitty big SBCAPE numbers which people get off on with shitty lapse rates and shear. 

Looks like another scorching hot summer across the NH.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2020/06/21/arctic-temperature-record-siberia/

16 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Looks like another scorching hot summer across the NH.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2020/06/21/arctic-temperature-record-siberia/

These record warm Arctic temps continue to be extremely concerning. At least to me anyways...some are more meh about it. But it’s not normal and it significantly influences global weather and climate...whether people want to believe it or not. 

Just now, weatherwiz said:

These record warm Arctic temps continue to be extremely concerning. At least to me anyways...some are more meh about it. But it’s not normal and it significantly influences global weather and climate...whether people want to believe it or not. 

I agree that it is very concerning. The warmth is Siberia has been very persistent this year.

2 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

I agree that it is very concerning. The warmth is Siberia has been very persistent this year.

I’m curious to know if the Earth’s albedo has changed over the past say even 10 years or so. If I remember correctly the Earths average albedo is like 0.27 or 0.30? But naturally with ice caps melting and diminishing the earths albedo has to change somewhat and more radiation is going to get absorbed over time.

i also wonder if there has been any major changes to the Earths energy budget.