• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June Discussion

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

Just got smoked by a storm on an evening hike with the dog.... we were around 2,900ft when it hit.  It was literally like a black wall of water and it was classic downburst style with some high gusts in the middle of the rain shaft.  I'd estimate 40-50mph gusts in about a 30-second pulse of wind inside what felt like a bucket of water getting poured out of the sky... to the point that you had to turn away from the wind as it was driving the massive rain drops into you sideways.  Some pretty terrifyingly loud thunder too.

Wasn't expecting that, but completely soaked through and pouring water out of my shoes.  Amazing how fast everything can go from bone dry to a torrent of muddy water flowing down every little nook and cranny on a mountain

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Pool up to 82

86F high.   Tried another brewery for outdoor dining.  It was awesome.  A few popcorn thunderstorms off to our NW

My neighbor that had the house fire last year isn't quite ready to move back in and told me we should use the pool when she is not there.  I just went over and skimmed it and took a dip with a water temperature of 78F.  Evening swims are delightful.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

My neighbor that had the house fire last year isn't quite ready to move back in and told me we should use the pool when she is not there.  I just went over and skimmed it and took a dip with a water temperature of 78F.  Evening swims are delightful.

Usually we have to wait until July to get to 80. This weather and the cover have been perfect. 

2 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Whereabouts? Bull spit? 

Timberyard in East Brookfield.  One of our favorites.    A bunch of items on the food menu are from Stillman’s Farm in Hardwick. It’s an old lumberyard and they converted some of the old lumber sheds to dining spaces.   Owners seem super nice

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Timberyard in East Brookfield.  One of our favorites.    A bunch of items on the food menu are from Stillman’s Farm in Hardwick. It’s an old lumberyard and they converted some of the old lumber sheds to dining spaces.   Owners seem super nice

Resized_20200620_194811.jpg

• Like 1