Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Discussion

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

4 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Holliston? 90 in Sherborn. You'll get there when you have a few cloudless minutes.

Yeah. It’s pretty much all trees here. A little tougher to hit 90 than an open area. It should make it though in the next couple hours. 

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Anyone know what these are. The leaves have a smell I remember but can't place. The front one is Fox glove but the back ones I have no idea

20200620_104414.jpg

Download the “picture this” app, you can take a picture of a leaf and it will identify any plant. It is awesome!   The free version eventually has a pop-up add that you just have to close to get to the main screen.  I may eventually get the paid app because I use it so often and it lets you save all of your samples.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

don't see much higher than 90 in SNE .  I don't see anyone at 16C in SNE on Meso map. 

SPC meso map shows 16c 850's confined to the NE 1/2 of New England and Central / N Maine still above 17C 

Yeah it’ll prob level off in the 90-91 range at the ASOS stations. Won’t be one of those days where it keeps rocketing to 95-96 by 3-4pm. 

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah it’ll prob level off in the 90-91 range at the ASOS stations. Won’t be one of those days where it keeps rocketing to 95-96 by 3-4pm. 

Yeah we’ve leveled off at 88-91F... it’s just bouncing around in that range on all the 5-min obs for the past 2 hours.  We got to 90F early but seems like we won’t be going much higher...maybe sneak in a 92F or so?  Definitely hotter by a couple degrees deeper into Maine as the 850s alluded to.

Well we do have an official heat wave up here at MVL, with at least 92F... last 4 days have been 88/45, 91/48, 91/53, 92/57. 

This is pretty wild when you couple it with the May heat.  

Other heat wave locations include:

BTV, BML (another 93F today!), HIE, IZG (3 days of 93-94F), LEB, CAR, and I’m sure there’s more.  

Seems most of the NNE ASOS site’s hit the 3 day heatwave designation and might get another one or two to go.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Well we do have an official heat wave up here at MVL, with at least 92F... last 4 days have been 88/45, 91/48, 91/53, 92/57. 

This is pretty wild when you couple it with the May heat.  

Other heat wave locations include:

BTV, BML (another 93F today!), HIE, IZG (3 days of 93-94F), LEB, CAR, and I’m sure there’s more.  

Seems most of the NNE ASOS site’s hit the 3 day heatwave designation and might get another one or two to go.

How do you feel about all this glorious heat? Do you like it? 

28 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

How do you feel about all this glorious heat? Do you like it? 

I like it... the novelty of big NNE heat during the day but luckily the nights have been in the 40s and 50s.  It’s fun to have high heat in the middle of the afternoon but then it’s 70F and cooling fast by 9pm.  

I think days of like 86/70 would be much worse and piss me off because it’s pedestrian daytime heat and then doesn’t cool off at night, ha.  

2 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Download the “picture this” app, you can take a picture of a leaf and it will identify any plant. It is awesome!   The free version eventually has a pop-up add that you just have to close to get to the main screen.  I may eventually get the paid app because I use it so often and it lets you save all of your samples.

Cool I did that with bird ID thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Damn, should I roll one up?

Screenshot_20200620-160407_PictureThis.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Many uses for it. Interesting, gonna try some for tea, supposed to help arthritis. 

Yeah I’m going to try that too I think. I deal with mugwort all the time for my job but didn’t realize the unique uses. Mugwort for whatever reason is invasive in Connecticut but not Massachusetts, go figure.