Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June Discussion

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

1 hour ago, scoob40 said:

Tamarack's first 90F in a long time ?

Not all that long, had 91 on 5/18/2017.  Last one before then was in June 2005.  Battery-run indoor-outdoor now 93, but that's the instrument that has read 36 with accumulating snow - probably 87-88 on the max-min.  CAR only 1F from their record at 1 PM so I think it's toast.  No more bragging about insulating my attic in Fort Kent on the day they hit 96 to tie the record.  :cry: 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I have an ambient weather station too. Are you happy with it?

Ive been very happy with it, I had to mess around a bit with the rain sensor and temp sensor adjustment to match my stratus gauge for rain and surrounding stations as well as the one at KLEW for temps but they are lock step now.

17 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The clouds make a huge difference.  My car has been showing anywhere from 82F to 92F based on full sun or shaded by cumulus.  Jumping all over the place driving around town even at similar elevations.

This^

Clouds rolling by have kept it very tolerable.

14 minutes ago, dendrite said:

CAR 95/47 for a heat index of only 91. lol

RH 19% - desert dry.  Unusual distribution (IMO) for CAR's hottest: 3 at 96 (assuming today didn't reach higher) all prior to 7/1, and 10 (with yesterday) at 95 with 5 in July and 3 in August, plus yesterday and 5/23/77.  Five at 94, four in July plus 5/24/77.

Just now, tamarack said:

RH 19% - desert dry.  Unusual distribution (IMO) for CAR's hottest: 3 at 96 (assuming today didn't reach higher) all prior to 7/1, and 10 (with yesterday) at 95 with 5 in July and 3 in August, plus yesterday and 5/23/77.  Five at 94, four in July plus 5/24/77.

Yeah I noticed that too. Although I'm confident 8/1935 and maybe even 7/1911 would've been hotter.

3 straight 5 min obs of 36C there and a couple b2b 36C obs before that. There's a shot they snuck a 97F in there.