Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Discussion

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

All I know is that I’m hating the wind and cold more and liking this more. Aging Scooter?  I don’t mind it if we have 2’ of snow on the ground, but it’s depressing when it’s 10F and bare ground. Snow will always be a love no matter what.

This post may drive DIT out of hiding with a violent agreeance.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

This post may drive DIT out of hiding with a violent agreeance.

I know you are similar. I dunno....kids went to the beach....I had to do some projects and it was hot....but nice being able to have the temp where all can have fun. My kid’s lips were turning blue the other day playing with their slip and slide. By 6 it’s already cooling off a tad with a steady south wind. Pleasant enough for dinner outside. I do agree 95/70 is tough except around a beach or pool.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

All I know is that I’m hating the wind and cold more and liking this more. Aging Scooter?  I don’t mind it if we have 2’ of snow on the ground, but it’s depressing when it’s 10F and bare ground. Snow will always be a love no matter what.

I’m moving in that direction but I’ll never enjoy high dews.  I actually really enjoy this dry heat.  Never would’ve even 5 years ago.  

Maybe not as drastic as you, I mean you violently hated dews/heat even just like 2-3 years ago it seemed...but I’m getting there.  

I think my bigger change in preferences has been in brutal winter cold.  I want it to be 20-32F and snowing, ha.  I have really started hating sub-zero cold the last few years.  

28 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah it doesn’t have to be this hot... I definitely enjoy the novelty of big heat though in NNE.  Certainly wouldn’t want this all summer though.  

I’m also a big fan of the drastic changes that seem to happen up here...from a weekend of highs in the 50s with folks lighting wood stoves, to going on a run of 86-93 style heat right after that. 

At least it’s been real dry with great sleeping weather and 90 doesn’t feel that bad when relative humidity is under 30%.  

I have been enjoying the 40 degree temp swings.

42 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah it doesn’t have to be this hot... I definitely enjoy the novelty of big heat though in NNE.  Certainly wouldn’t want this all summer though.  

I’m also a big fan of the drastic changes that seem to happen up here...from a weekend of highs in the 50s with folks lighting wood stoves, to going on a run of 86-93 style heat right after that. 

At least it’s been real dry with great sleeping weather and 90 doesn’t feel that bad when relative humidity is under 30%.  

I enjoy dry heat, for sure. I like that zone where you can do anything outdoors without feeling cold or needing an oxygen mask from choking humidity. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I have been enjoying the 40 degree temp swings.

Yeah I have a big diurnal range fetish as many have noticed, but it's practical too.  We left all the windows and sliding doors open last night and this morning the indoor temp was 59-60F.  Before I left for the day I closed the south facing drapes and shut the place up tight.  Even with a high in the 90s and full sun, the indoor temp late this afternoon when I got home was only 71F and very comfortable.

It's already 72F off a high of 91F... we've lost 15 degrees in an hour and 15 minutes... so open all the windows and doors again and let the natural A/C work again overnight.  

• Like 1

Some North Country max temps now that the 00z 6-hourly obs are in:

CAR... 95F

FVE... 93F

BML... 93F

IZG... 93F

BTV... 92F

CON... 92F

LEB... 92F

MVL... 91F

HIE... 91F

LEW... 90F

MPV... 89F

SLK... 88F

Compared to the usual cold spots...

CEF...87F

BDL... 86F

HFD... 84F

IJD... 82F

33 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I’m moving in that direction but I’ll never enjoy high dews.  I actually really enjoy this dry heat.  Never would’ve even 5 years ago.  

Maybe not as drastic as you, I mean you violently hated dews/heat even just like 2-3 years ago it seemed...but I’m getting there.  

I think my bigger change in preferences has been in brutal winter cold.  I want it to be 20-32F and snowing, ha.  I have really started hating sub-zero cold the last few years.  

I did violently hate it. Absolutely right. I feel like my kids changed me. These warm days has them outside and doing all sorts of activities without getting bored  and wanting screen time.  If I’m off, I’ll try to be at the beach or up north at Winni. 75 and crisp is nice for outdoor projects, but if I’m not doing that....turn it up a bit. By September, this grows old and soon those crisp days in the 50s are welcomed.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I did violently hate it. Absolutely right. I feel like my kids changed me. These warm days has them outside and doing all sorts of activities without getting bored  and wanting screen time.  If I’m off, I’ll try to be at the beach or up north at Winni. 75 and crisp is nice for outdoor projects, but if I’m not doing that....turn it up a bit. By September, this grows old and soon those crisp days in the 50s are welcomed.

Yeah I remember you hated it like 2 years ago. Lol. 

If I had a pool or lived near the beach I might embrace the dews more but give me 80/55 any day. Not like the kids can’t play outdoors. My kids were outside all during this stretch of 73/40 weather too. My 4 year old cant get enough of outdoors. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

If I had a pool or lived near the beach I might embrace the dews more but give me 80/55 any day. Not like the kids can’t play outdoors. My kids were outside all during this stretch of 73/40 weather too. My 4 year old cant get enough of outdoors. 

Exactly, kids don't care if it's warm or cold.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Oh I’ll have them out if it’s drizzling and 50 lol.  Bryce seems to want the torch because he’s just always doing something with water lol. I’m sure if it gets to the 90s for a prolonged time it will get old. But today wasn’t bad I thought. 

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I know you are similar. I dunno....kids went to the beach....I had to do some projects and it was hot....but nice being able to have the temp where all can have fun. My kid’s lips were turning blue the other day playing with their slip and slide. By 6 it’s already cooling off a tad with a steady south wind. Pleasant enough for dinner outside. I do agree 95/70 is tough except around a beach or pool.

I have so many outside interests now between the birds, yard, and gardening that I almost wish it could be like this all of the time. I was just outside chillin’ by the coop watching the fireflies light up the backyard. June is pretty awesome in New England. I love deep winter, but just wish it wasn’t so long. I’d like 10 months of this and then 2 months of deep freeze.

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I have so many outside interests now between the birds, yard, and gardening that I almost wish it could be like this all of the time. I was just outside chillin’ by the coop watching the fireflies light up the backyard. June is pretty awesome in New England. I love deep winter, but just wish it wasn’t so long. I’d like 10 months of this and then 2 months of deep freeze.

NO fireflies here yet getting late.

They finally arrived here... the bugs have exploded in the higher terrain.  Climo has risen enough for them to prosper.  They are ferocious in this wind-less heat.  Black flies mostly, but the dog gets an occasional deer fly.  Anytime the wind blows they can't compete, but damn these light to calm wind speeds let them come to life.

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

They finally arrived here... the bugs have exploded in the higher terrain.  Climo has risen enough for them to prosper.  They are ferocious in this wind-less heat.  Black flies mostly, but the dog gets an occasional deer fly.  Anytime the wind blows they can't compete, but damn these light to calm wind speeds let them come to life.

No black flies here yet. Some mosquitoes in the evenings.

This is so fooking stupid. Everything gets shunted southwest b/c we're nothing but crap here. I'll also be in NH at Hampton Beach during this time on vacation but still...this is fooking bullshit. Even scrolling through...nothing makes it here..just gets deflected to the southwest like there is a stupid bubble over us. The models are now into July...that's virtually towards the end of peak severe season. It's over...freaking over and we got crap to show for it. Screw you summer 2020

image.thumb.png.9cc0153e88ff1c8c78e40c49524a6c01.png

• Weenie 2