Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Discussion

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

About severe?

yup...and convection in general. I mean I've had crap...CRAP. There was that one day though in late spring where I had hail on 2-3 different occasions but this is ridiculous. I was so pumped about going to OK at the end of the May but obviously with everything going on we didn't...which worked out b/c the season has been crap there too. There have been a few good events in the Northeast though...the PA derecho and the stupid CT enhanced risk in which the biggest severe threat was north and west of here and that's exactly what happened...yet we had an enhanced here AND a tornado watch...stupid. But there's nothing...nothing to look forward to, nothing exciting. Second half of summer can be fun but it's usually nocturnal events...I don't care for those that much...you can't see cloud features and I don't have the energy to stay up all night anymore for them. Our weather patterns have been nothing short of fooked. It's tiring and it needs to stop.  

3 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

2020 severe season is right up there with 2020 winter.  Just punt it now as a non starter.

I would be excited for the prospects this winter and next spring (attempt #2 at going out west) with what could be a La Nina but honestly with climate change and other factors ENSO just doesn't seem to hold the weight it once did (with exception of a strong event)...that or perhaps with just a growing data set correlations that were once thought to be correlations just aren't as strong anymore. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Guessing a situation where it's due to high's running a bit above-average as opposed to above-average lows? 

It was fairly warm from like the 3-12 or so. Nothing too oppressive except that Saturday where is was quite humid with temps 88-90.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Low dews has  made it seem not AN at all

I think part of it too has to do with maybe expectations or just forgetting what the average high temperature is for much of June. I'm guessing early June the average high probably ranges anywhere from upper 60's to maybe lower 70's and then by mid-June mid 70's to lower 80's. Sure it's not uncommon at all to get days or stretches of mid-to-upper 80's with maybe some lower 90's in the typical hot spot locations, but when comparing to average mid-to-upper 80's in June is considered very warm to hot depending on where you are. 

Is this over the top heat going to be a long term thing? Seems to be the general theme the last month. Forecast is for a possible heatwave here. 90 tomorrow and 92 Friday. Just need Saturday to come on-board. Pretty rare occurrence in these parts.

#NovaScotiaStrong

2 hours ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

I'll take the under (by 5°+ at my transpirationally-cooled site.)  Farmington co-op hasn't reached upper 90s since 1995 and only that once since Hot Saturday in 1975.  I don't expect them to do it this week.

You know he loves it. 

:lol: