Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Discussion

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

3 hours ago, tamarack said:

Looks like it.  Sandy River at 190 cfs, 25th percentile 310, record low 131 so it's probably about 10th percentile.  22 years ago the flow was 22,900.

Odd question - anyone else having an abnormally high number of bird strikes on their windows?  It's probably 5X the usual this month, a lot on the north side of the house where we're still putting out suet for the woodpeckers (and the hogging blue jays) but also on east and south sides.  Haven't had any that failed to fly away, yet.

Just now, Bostonseminole said:

I think the mid 90;s are for NNE.. maybe southern NH..

Warmest it gets at 850 is +18C...and some models struggle to get above +16....plus SSW flow. I'd bet against much over 90F in eastern areas unless we trend a little warmer aloft or more WSW at the sfc. BDL can put up a 95 though with those numbers....they'll cook at least excuse imaginable.

NNE gets near +20 at 850 so you're gonna see big numbers again up there. CAR might be the warmest in NE on Thursday, lol.

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Warmest it gets at 850 is +18C...and some models struggle to get above +16....plus SSW flow. I'd bet against much over 90F in eastern areas unless we trend a little warmer aloft or more WSW at the sfc. BDL can put up a 95 though with those numbers....they'll cook at least excuse imaginable.

NNE gets near +20 at 850 so you're gonna see big numbers again up there. CAR might be the warmest in NE on Thursday, lol.

Yeah it might be 88 here and 95 in low elevations in NNE lol. 

36 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

CAR has reached 96 twice, once in May and once in June.   Other than the historic NNE heatwave of July 1911, the big heat there often comes at or before the solstice.

Dog proudly found a pretty good patch of snow left over from winter up high... I bet this depression drifted to 20 feet deep by the end of the winter, though this is all that's left in mid-June.  End of winter the snowpack is like 2/3rds of the way up these trees.

There were a few other patches scattered about but this was by far the largest.  Wasn't expecting to come across this but that's what exploring does.

Sasha_Snow_June15.thumb.jpg.090b705170f7bbef9a39ab4a1096fb50.jpg

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

hot, dewey and dry until next weeks storm chances. Maybe N and WNE can see some airmass/terrain stuff  but bone dry for many

Good on the dry.  Eff the heat. Cut my lawn real short today hoping that it will burn so I won't have to do it again.

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1