Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Discussion

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

21 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

A half inch of rain sandwiched between two 3-4 week periods of little to no rain doesn’t end a drought. Sorry. We are closing in

You should probably alert the mwra they don't have a clue!

quabbin level status graph

6 MONTH PROJECTION: Normal Operations status conditions are projected based on a range of possible hydrologic conditions.

RESTRICTIONS AND CONSERVATION: These are currently no restrictions on usage. MWRA requests that all users practice water conservation. If there were a drought, voluntary restrictions begin in the Drought Warning stage and mandatory restrictions in the Drought Emergency stages.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You take a lot of time out of your day to track me and my posts. Much obliged 

I've been on here like 10 minutes today. lawl

I'm an expert with the search function. 20 seconds and I can see all of your contradictory posts over a certain topic over a 10 year span.

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I've been on here like 10 minutes today. lawl

I'm an expert with the search function. 20 seconds and I can see all of your contradictory posts over a certain topic over a 10 year span.

Let’s see how this ages. You say it’s green and lush all over New England and Its not dry in CT etc etc. Let’s track 

039h3b8.png

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Let’s see how this ages. You say it’s green and lush all over New England and Its not dry in CT etc etc. Let’s track 

039h3b8.png

I feel like this does not mean what you think it means. Just chiming in from the bleachers- don’t mind me.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

I'm sure it's lush and green. Drought is just the fake news agenda for warm season 2020. Pick a weenie weather theme out of a hat in April and just run with it all season.

I just don’t get the obsession every single summer.  Summer climo is long dry stretches and when it does rain it’s convective short duration downpours.  It’s not going to change.  

14 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I just don’t get the obsession every single summer.  Summer climo is long dry stretches and when it does rain it’s convective short duration downpours.  It’s not going to change.  

Droughtstein is a HUGE story this summer. From BTV to the coastal plain of Moosup and everywhere in between. He’s coming to get you. Each and everyone of us. #TheSteiniscoming

• Haha 1

Droughtstein is a joke..LOL. But, A few areas today like near MHT, 495 north of the pike, and just south of me into RI didn't have much. Those areas will dry up soon in the topsoil area. Even here, I'll dry up in a few days. We luckily had enough top soil dressings to help the grass. 

47 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

They would laugh west of our region at what we call a “drought”. We just get the rare 3-5 week stretch with little rainfall causing lawns to go brown. Go out into the woods and the soil under the leaf litter is usually still moist and fertile. Trust me, I like a thick, green lawn myself...but it’s not a natural landscape. Anything that requires you to pump nitrogen into it, water it regularly, and spray it down with pesticides and weed killers is not natural. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah no thanks. 70 here will be nice, but wouldn't mind 80s.

I gotta imagine that gets warmer.  Seems excessively cold for mid-June.  

A wild ride the last month... record heat, plenty of hot days, and then also days with 30s in the morning and highs in 50s.

Saturday afternoon’s temps will be 10-15 degrees less than this afternoon’s dew point, lol.

Saturday
Partly sunny. Highs in the upper 50s. Northwest winds around 10 mph.

7 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Actually looks like maybe an outside shot at graupel or flurries for the picnic tables on Saturday.  NW flow with very cold sub-freezing 850mb temps pushing in... 

00z NAM

B58DAD00-CC9A-4E70-B2EC-D391B1101ADC.thumb.png.13bc2116d2513b36e1772760d9333d54.png

Funny to see Kevs Boy Cranky pimping cold air in Canada yesterday.