Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June Discussion

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

18 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I don't know if we ever got confirmation of CoolSpruce's passing.  I think his son had said he had a stroke and wasn't doing well but that was several years ago.

Has anyone done a wellness check on Vim Toot? We all thought Tippy had kicked the bucket after he went dark for weeks last year too.

• Weenie 1

25 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Who was the guy that bought Eastern after AmWx formed?

And is CoolSpruce still alive? I think his son posted for a bit after he had a stroke...

About 2 years ago his son posted on some off-topic thread and I asked about his dad.  Response was "That's a long story."  Did not sound good but there was no need to pry.  Scott and I shared many interests, beginning with trees (my forum nom de plume is/was his favorite species) and he is still missed.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Sunday looks quite cold, might not crack 70

Saturday looks very cold. Highs in the lower 60s on the zone forecast, warmer Sunday with upper 60s.  

Nice October weekend I guess.

Saturday
Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of showers. Highs in the lower 60s.
Sunday
Partly sunny with a 40 percent chance of showers. Highs in the upper 60s.
  • Sad 1

Just now, powderfreak said:

Saturday looks very cold. Highs in the lower 60s on the zone forecast, warmer Sunday with upper 60s.  

Nice October weekend I guess.

Saturday
Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of showers. Highs in the lower 60s.
Sunday
Partly sunny with a 40 percent chance of showers. Highs in the upper 60s.

Euro is 80s in S NH Saturday. GFS is rainy and meh.

You guys in SNE weren’t joking about the pollen.  This stuff is crazy.  Car is green from a few days of no use since we arrived.  

Every day the dog is covered in the stuff, constantly having her go swimming in the lake to wash the green off.  Here’s green beard this morning:

6BF06163-E034-4100-8F82-41CF5ACB8219.jpeg.12105f40537225092da939fc95e09381.jpeg

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

You guys in SNE weren’t joking about the pollen.  This stuff is crazy.  Car is green from a few days of no use since we arrived.  

Every day the dog is covered in the stuff, constantly having her go swimming in the lake to wash the green off.  Here’s green beard this morning:

6BF06163-E034-4100-8F82-41CF5ACB8219.jpeg.12105f40537225092da939fc95e09381.jpeg

And I always thought pollen was decidedly yellow ..

3 hours ago, tamarack said:

About 2 years ago his son posted on some off-topic thread and I asked about his dad.  Response was "That's a long story."  Did not sound good but there was no need to pry.  Scott and I shared many interests, beginning with trees (my forum nom de plume is/was his favorite species) and he is still missed.

Yep he was a great guy who I really enjoyed.

5 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Yep he was a great guy who I really enjoyed.

In 2010 he made the best - and worst - forecast I've seen here (sort of.)  As the New Year's retro-bomb was pouring maritime air into Maine (CAR had RA with temps 25F AN), Scott wondered if that system would wreck winter.  "Best" forecast because it was spot on as that low sat there for weeks and messed up the flow for months, "worst" because the result was the most frustrating 2nd half of winter in my 47 years in Maine.  Our last true wintry event was the Jan. 28 WINDEX (a good one) though we had two snow events afterward.  The late Feb slopfest dumped 10" of 4:1 mashed potatoes seasoned by 1.1" of 34F RA (on the same NE winds that dumped a 21" snowicane on NYC.)  The other was 3.5" in April that lasted but a few hours.

• Like 1