Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Discussion

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

13 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

What do you mean he left? His user name is still there he just hasnt posted in a few days.

Anyone know whats going on with CARs radar? Is there a fire in Canada?

RAD_KCBW_N0R_ANI.gif

3 PM obs HUL to FVE show PC to sunny, not a hint of what those echoes might be.  Long narrow persistent and fairly straight lines don't look like any phenomenon I can think of, except maybe contrails if 20 jetliners were flying in formation.  :o 

• Like 1

Just now, tamarack said:

3 PM obs HUL to FVE show PC to sunny, not a hint of what those echoes might be.  Long narrow persistent and fairly straight lines don't look like any phenomenon I can think of, except maybe contrails if 20 jetliners were flying in formation.  :o 

Thats why i posed the question. I remember the fires from 9/11 in NYC on radar and they were much smaller than this. The only reason that came to mind was the direction of the plumes follows the wind direction and the way its wiggling back and forth looks like it would be smoke. 

1 hour ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Jeez...that’s about my 2019-2020 season total sitting on top of that Subaru. 

When you put it that way... 12-hours of snow after the first week in June is more than 4 months of cumulative “winter” in Mass?  That’s crazy.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

How rare is that snow out in the west right now, im not familiar with their climate but it seems rather unusual.

The mountains at 10,000ft plus can snow pretty much all year if the conditions are right... but these were very low snow levels for the time of year. 

I saw photos of it snowing heavily yesterday in Park City, Utah which is like 6-7kft at like the latitude of Philly in the east.  

I’d put it on par with snowing hard at the NNE mtn summits right now?  But those places out west can also snow by like Labor Day Weekend with a deep trough.  

Maybe it is easier to get flakes flying at even 7kft in Park City or Aspen at a decently southern latitude than it is at even MWN at 6kft but further north.  They seem to wetbulb so well out there.  

3 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

What do you mean he left? His user name is still there he just hasnt posted in a few days.

RAD_KCBW_N0R_ANI.gif

It's the massive emergency bird evacuation as "it could happen tomorrow" is happening today.  So says Greta. 

image.png.45b5b1d63b4ced9dad922b46b36f37da.png

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 5

I mean it’s okay to disagree with Greta, but why constantly make fun of her in doing so?  

I mean she’s just a teenage girl who happens to also be autistic. How would you feel if strangers made fun of your daughter/sister/wife like that?  Maybe I’m just soft...sick of all the constant negativity and hate. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 3

23 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

A lot of folks are on here for snow and storms.  None of those happening.  
The Covid stuff got to a bunch of people as well. 

Today was amazing weather wise. 

It drove a lot of people away from that thread with the politics.

• Weenie 2

7 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

RAD_KCBW_N0R_ANI.gif

Looks like chaff from a military training exercise