Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Discussion

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

1 minute ago, Lava Rock said:
2 hours ago, tamarack said:
2nd weak TS of the day after none since last Oct 1.  The 11:15 version dropped 0.15" but this one maybe half as much.  Still will triple precip since May 16.  Much better echoes a few miles to our east - what else is new, other than the direction.

I was sure we were going to get missed today but glad we didn't. New landscaping and mulch took a hot and washed some mulch down the hill. Will have to buy a few bags to touch up, but it was worth the 0.81" we got. Disappointed to see tomorrow went from sun to mostly cloudy with afternoon showers

Now that you gave up on the full lawn you’ll get hit with every isolated shower to wipe out your mulch. lol

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Why don’t you have a weather station, or at least a Stratus

I actually have an official coop rain gauge but I don’t really have a good spot to set it up. So many trees in the back. Maybe on the side yard I can manage but even there is not ideal as there is some overhang there from a big oak tree. Gotta convince Megan to let me put it more toward the front yard. Lol

• Like 1

Was a great afternoon to take the dog for a walk.

The green finally reached the summits... funny the growing season up above 3,000ft really only started in the last week, even the ground cover is still brown in many areas where the remaining snow piles just left recently.  It'll wake up quickly.  This view will be waist high wild flowers and grasses come August.

101654611_10104208602778160_573008877370

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Nothing wrong with spending lots of time and money growing a useless crop that you need to constantly maintain and then dispose of the harvest. 

I get jealous of my neighbors who have immaculate lawns.  Mine is mostly green.  I mow maybe an hour a week.  

I rarely put down stuff.  I think this year I put one small bag of fert/week stuff.  Last year nothing.  

9 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

What is the name of the phenomenon Tip mentioned last summer when the sun is behind convective clouds and the edges are lighting up. 

In a total eclipse it’s baileys bead when the sun starts to emerge.   2017 in Gallatin,TN was awesome!