Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June Discussion

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

9 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I think we should just cancel severe season...what a freaking joke. Unless we get an active second half of summer but how often does that happen? The majority of our bigger events happen from like mid-to-late May into early July and we're almost at July. The only fun thing about the second half of summer is we can get some nasty nocturnal events but those kinda suck b/c you can't see cloud features. BUST :angry: 

***Newsflash***, This is New England, Get use to it.

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, Bostonseminole said:

where is the annual NE TC thread where we talk about the 38 hurricane every other post?  is DIT slipping?

I think DIT logged off until the heat waves come back on the models. Hopefully he at least gets a few good posts in for Friday's one day of hot weather.

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

We have had some pretty good scattered severe in Ct the last couple of years.  Hamden tornado etc. Pretty much our climo.

2018 was wild...especially the tornado events we got in September. Severe climo across the country in general though has been a bit off the past several years...hell, this past May I think was historically low in terms of tornadoes. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

The glory days are gone:

I still remember that day like it was yesterday. The period between 05/29/1998 - 06/02/1998 I bet would be the most active 5-day period of severe in the Northeast on record. 

24 minutes ago, dendrite said:

EC had 90+ in S NH/NE MA so idk about sneaky. GFS has not been as impressed with 2-3C cooler 850s.

I was thinking sneaky in terms of no one talking about it.  DIT so concerned with the 8-11th, he may get his hot day(s) well before that.

6 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Lol June 8th onward torch fail. Or was it the 10th, or the 11th, or 12th? Late June? Maybe July? Eventually it has to happen...

Let’s be fair. Has it happened yet? Why do you always do this? Obviously the hurricane hadn’t formed when I made that call. Should it not happen , which is still up for debate.. it’s due to the cane. So let’s stop being dumb 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 5

That's likely going to typify this summer ... 

The extended range model solutions often bulging the season-continental ridge expansion to engulf the eastern Lakes/NE regions... only to have the mid range solution "cancel" the look - get used to that relay.  

Then, when those mid-terms get into nearer terms ...say 120 ...96 < ..we end up like the Euro 90+ for at least one afternoon before the next CC-attributed Pac folding pattern dumps another cold orgasm into Ontario to enable the local neurosis all over again...  

End results, we either average out to the back-ground climate-change that's decimals above normal...or, perhaps +1, ...sort of under the radar.  Either way, we'll be above while still ending up with blue in the color coding by NASA when compared/relative to the rest of the world per their monthly state of the climo press releases.   It's rather predictable ... 

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

That's likely going to typify this summer ... 

The extended range model solutions often bulging the season-continental ridge expansion to engulf the eastern Lakes/NE regions... only to have the mid range solution "cancel" the look - get used to that relay. 

You have been consistent in that message for sure.  

I certainly thought it would roll over more into the Northeast, in a delayed but not denied style.  But now it certainly looks like we rip a quick plume in late week before it just gets crushed into early next week.  

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

You have been consistent in that message for sure.  

I certainly thought it would roll over more into the Northeast, in a delayed but not denied style.  But now it certainly looks like we rip a quick plume in late week before it just gets crushed into early next week.  

It's frustrating ... for heat/convection/summer enthusiasts, but, it's understandable in the hypothetical (which is actually more theoretically organized in papers that are emerging, too). 

Scott once referred to it as the Pacific pee-pond or something hilarious like that..but the humor is rooted in truth as most humor agonizingly does.  Look at the global SST layouts for ...what, that past 23.47 years ..heh. It's always 90% of the areal expanse of oceanic mass out there having sfc temperature in gaudy yellows, oranges in reds.  Oh, sure...sometimes you get the Kalvin-Hem. waves down there in a faux NINA signature right on the Equator ...like now, eh hm.

Anyway, the coupled oceanic-atmospheric model imposes a massive forcing on the atmosphere in the form of "ridge potential"  

It's not always going to look like a ridge - that is quoted because ...it's more like a base-line restoring force?  Kind of like the llv curl vector east of the Greens/Whites in NE... You want measure a wind coming from the ENE (necessarily) along/in that tuck geography, but, if/when the atmosphere need less impetus to get the wind to tuck, look out!  Same sort of deal ... the flow over Canada leans on a tendency ...and whenever compensators relax, the tendency takes over. The rest state is more NW than it use to be, because the Pac westerlies of merely vaguely situated farther N ...even if in mere kilometers, if it does so everywhere west of the American continental geography, the wind over the geography of America will respond. The winters do this too.. but what's fascinating is that the HC is also concurrently remaining bloated ...and this is causing increased ambient jet velocities - it introduce a whole bevy of different headaches.  But as far as summers, we're getting snow QPF in eastern Ontario under the solstice and it ain't because of super volcanism or cometary impact scenarios.   

I'm referring to it as the Pacific folding pattern...  There were papers written in the early 1990s believe it or not, that were based upon early/primitive climate-change models...that predicted NE Pac ridge propensities leading to cooling over N/A ... it's like we are seeing a perverse verification of that ... but more so in the tendency if you will. interesting.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Let’s be fair. Has it happened yet? Why do you always do this? Obviously the hurricane hadn’t formed when I made that call. Should it not happen , which is still up for debate.. it’s due to the cane. So let’s stop being dumb 

Exactly. If it hadn't been for the hurricanes in March, April and May your torch calls would have been dead on.