• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tropical Storm Bertha

Second named storm of the 2020 North Atlantic Hurricane Season

BULLETIN Tropical Storm Bertha Special Advisory Number 1 NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL AL022020 830 AM EDT Wed May 27 2020

...TROPICAL STORM BERTHA FORMS NEAR THE COAST OF SOUTH CAROLINA... ...TROPICAL STORM WARNING ISSUED AND HEAVY RAINFALL EXPECTED... SUMMARY OF 830 AM EDT...1230 UTC...INFORMATION ----------------------------------------------

LOCATION...32.7N 79.4W

ABOUT 30 MI...50 KM ESE OF CHARLESTON SOUTH CAROLINA

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...45 MPH...75 KM/H

PRESENT MOVEMENT...NW OR 320 DEGREES AT 9 MPH...15 KM/H

MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1009 MB...29.80 INCHES

WATCHES AND WARNINGS --------------------

CHANGES WITH THIS ADVISORY: A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for the coast of South Carolina from Edisto Beach to South Santee River. SUMMARY OF WATCHES AND WARNINGS IN EFFECT: A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for... * Edisto Beach SC to South Santee River SC A Tropical Storm Warning means that tropical storm conditions are expected somewhere within the warning, in this case in the next few hours. For storm information specific to your area, including possible inland watches and warnings, please monitor products issued by your local National Weather Service forecast office.

DISCUSSION AND OUTLOOK ----------------------

At 830 AM EDT (1230 UTC), the center of Tropical Storm Bertha was located near latitude 32.7 North, longitude 79.4 West. Bertha is moving toward the northwest near 9 mph (15 km/h) and this motion is expected to continue through tonight. On the forecast track the center of Bertha will move onshore in the warning area in the next few hours and the move inland across eastern and northern South Carolina later today and into west-central North Carolina by tonight. Maximum sustained winds are near 45 mph (75 km/h) with higher gusts. Bertha is expected to weaken to a tropical depression after moving inland and become a remnant low tonight. Tropical-storm-force winds extend outward up to 25 miles (35 km) from the center. The estimated minimum central pressure is 1009 mb (29.80 inches). HAZARDS AFFECTING LAND ---------------------- RAINFALL: Bertha is expected to produce total rain accumulation of 2 to 4 inches with isolated totals of 8 inches across eastern and central South Carolina into west central to far southeastern North Carolina and southwest Virginia. This rainfall may produce life-threatening flash flooding. WIND: Tropical storm conditions are expected to reach the coast within the warning area in the next couple of hours. NEXT ADVISORY ------------- Next complete advisory at 1100 AM EDT.

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Up to 50 mph at landfall. 1004 mb. Man this thing was winding up coming ashore! Pretty impressive rapid organization! This would've made a run at a hurricane with just 12 more hours
5mb drop in 30 minutes, 8 hours at the most it would have been a cane

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

Luckily it is low tide. Minimal flooding in Charleston. Winds have shifted to offshore. Majority of rain appears to be on the northeastern side of I-26. Wind gusts up to around 31 mph in Mt Pleasant. Storm looks to be threading the needle between Isle of Palms and Dewees Island. Yesterday evening my pool had a good three inches to go before it got close to the top...this morning it is overflowing...Mainly a rain event with this one.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MaggyNoLia said:

Luckily it is low tide. Minimal flooding in Charleston. Winds have shifted to offshore. Majority of rain appears to be on the northeastern side of I-26. Wind gusts up to around 31 mph in Mt Pleasant. Storm looks to be threading the needle between Isle of Palms and Dewees Island. Yesterday evening my pool had a good three inches to go before it got close to the top...this morning it is overflowing...Mainly a rain event with this one.

I've noticed an uptick in the wind here as well. Would've been something if this thing had just 10 more hours, absolutely would've been a Cat 1 and made our day considerably more interesting