• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tropical Storm Arthur

Solak

Here in Morehead City, just got boat up in the stacks. First band pushed through with a moderate tropical rain. Very very warm and humid out, dare I say, it feels like a tropical system is coming? Gusts 25-30 so far. Not expecting much here but fun to track something in May, again. Will let y’all know how it pans out this way 

Don't have a rain gauge at the Morehead City house, but I'm guessing we got several inches. Came down heavy this early morning and there is ponding evident in the yard and street. Little wind on the west side as expected (<30mph) but more rain than I had thought we'd see. Much needed rain at that. Still light/mod rain continuing and a very humid tropical feel to it this morning. Storm seems to have organized somewhat overnight but southerly shear is limiting that extent. Wouldn't be surprised to see a few gusts to TS strength on the island but that is a non-event for Hatteras. Still fun to kick off the season purely tropical and close to home.

• Like 1

Got a good rain this morning with a soaking for the last 3 hours. Rain has ended with us getting 1.35" of much needed rain. Very surprised we got that much with the way the storm looked last night when I went to bed. Highest wind probably in the upper 20's. Pressure at 29.77 and rising. Lowest was 29.73. No branches down that I could see while walking the pups this morning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yotaman said:

Got a good rain this morning with a soaking for the last 3 hours. Rain has ended with us getting 1.35" of much needed rain. Very surprised we got that much with the way the storm looked last night when I went to bed. Highest wind probably in the upper 20's. Pressure at 29.77 and rising. Lowest was 29.73. No branches down that I could see while walking the pups this morning.

According to WRAL Cape Carteret got nearly 5.5" and Newport got 4.5." Here in Morehead we had to have been in that ballpark. Pretty surprised as you said at some of these higher totals given the putrid look to the west side of the circulation late last night. That band that formed meant business early this morning for about 3-4 hours! Tropical rainfall rates are frequently underdone on radar, as well, as estimates were not even close to ground obs. Uneventful storm but a very beneficial rain for sure down here... 

• Like 2