Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
General Tropical Discussion - 2020

Solak

210915_wvatltc.jpg

210915_wvatlconus.jpg

210915_wvpacde.jpg

I was reading some posts on storm2k that refer to the large area of convection forming to the east of Isaias and remembered these images i had posted in 2015 of a similar phenomenon happening with ULLs!  They are surprised it is as large as the main area of convection of Isaias.  In watching the animated infrared and water vapor loops it is interesting that the shape of the storm did develop a more hybrid appearance, maybe it is a specific structure of any type of low pressure based system that results in enhanced convection to the east.

Iys.png.962af2ee438b03176265451b816b0c12.png

///  Here is what they are saying!

#3586 Postby tarheelprogrammer » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:44 pm

eastcoastFL wrote:
Javlin wrote:
hipshot wrote:
Eric, I would still like to know what is the deal with Izzy's evil twin to the east? I appears to have some fierce convection and seems to pulse up and down
in sync on IR with the twin to the west?

That's what I am wondering also?

Ya the thing to the east looks almost identical to Isa On IR

It looks very similar to the blob that hurricane Matthew had attached to it:

210915_wvpacde.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I find it rather interesting that despite the forecasts of a possible record # of storms it is awfully quiet right now (not counting that  wimpy Josephine and the who-cares 96L off the Carolinas)- and none of the global models have much of anything through the end of the month- this is with the peak of the season approaching.

36 minutes ago, Cheeznado said:

I find it rather interesting that despite the forecasts of a possible record # of storms it is awfully quiet right now (not counting that  wimpy Josephine and the who-cares 96L off the Carolinas)- and none of the global models have much of anything through the end of the month- this is with the peak of the season approaching.

I agree, definitely a big lull right now and many of the named storms we have had have been weak and way out to sea 

4 hours ago, Cheeznado said:

If you think about it, we are about 2 to 3 weeks from peak and we have already had 10 named storms. Yes most have been weak ones but none the less they at one time were significant enough to be named so we are already above average. And remember it only takes one to make it a bad season. Isaias was bad for millions of people even though it was only a cat 1.

5 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

We could still see effects from Laura especially with tropical moisture and rain late in the week. If it trends further east obviously it would be more 

I'm hoping the track at least keeps the storm landfalls a couple hundred miles apart. Imagine the rainfall totals with two storms in the same area.

1 hour ago, JoshM said:

I'm hoping the track at least keeps the storm landfalls a couple hundred miles apart. Imagine the rainfall totals with two storms in the same area.

Yea its similar to what happened in 1916 in western NC. We have now had 3.3 here now since Wednesday. I'm really hoping we can dodge a tropical hit the next few months because it will only take widespread 4 to 6 inches for a big time flood. Frances was the worst flood here in my lifetime in 2004 and it wasn't this wet before the storm. 

Surprised there isnt a peep in here about potential impacts from Laura as it scrapes across the northern tier of the forum this weekend.  But that still covers a lot of us.  Van Denton last night had a graphic of 35mph winds.  I can tell you with all the rain we've had recently combined with the broken, dead or rotting trees that seem to be everywhere this year, those winds will easily cause some power outages over the weekend.  Looks like rainfall potential is limited to less than 2" for most.

• 2 months later...