Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
General Tropical Discussion - 2020

Solak

• 2 weeks later...

Surface low seems to be forming right on Daytona Beach. As NWS said, too much shear for this thing to get going. For what it's worth, the NAM (I know) has a frisky tropical low moving into the Carolina coastline tomorrow and proceeding up through the Piedmont with heavy rain. 

Also, towards the end of the GFS, it has been advertising development in the western Caribbean/GOM for a couple days now. It did a good job with Arthur in the long range as well.

nam.png

Tropical trouble may develop in the GoM from the system that is traversing over land from the Eastern Pacific in the Gulf.  System is progged to reach Tropical Storm strength a couple hundred miles south of LA.  Spagetti plot hinting at a generally northward movement.  

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 7.36.01 PM.png

• 1 month later...

So for a layman who enjoys trying to make sense of the models you guys post, is it safe to say there's about a 40-60 chance of a SE landfall with this? Or are there certain models which are assumed to be more accurate?

*disclaimer that I understand that where it will be in 9-10 days is just about the DEFINITION of unpredictable*

So for a layman who enjoys trying to make sense of the models you guys post, is it safe to say there's about a 40-60 chance of a SE landfall with this? Or are there certain models which are assumed to be more accurate?
*disclaimer that I understand that where it will be in 9-10 days is just about the DEFINITION of unpredictable*
10-20%, time will tell

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

System has really faded on modelling, has more dry air to contend with that we thought earlier, and now looks to be shear-plagued until it gets to about the area of the Bahamas. Also may have limitations due to land impacts if something can even get going. The ceiling is much lower for this system than what it looked yesterday. Very similar setup that led to the demise of Gonzalo. Only thing I'll say though is these two back to back systems are priming the atmosphere somewhat. Next system coming off the coast seems to have a more moist environment ahead of it. In the MDR region, it seems it takes a wave train sometimes before a system can break through, especially early in the season. I believe these systems are doing just that.

System has really faded on modelling, has more dry air to contend with that we thought earlier, and now looks to be shear-plagued until it gets to about the area of the Bahamas. Also may have limitations due to land impacts if something can even get going. The ceiling is much lower for this system than what it looked yesterday. Very similar setup that led to the demise of Gonzalo. Only thing I'll say though is these two back to back systems are priming the atmosphere somewhat. Next system coming off the coast seems to have a more moist environment ahead of it. In the MDR region, it seems it takes a wave train sometimes before a system can break through, especially early in the season. I believe these systems are doing just that.
Bone dry at 500mb8dbbf276aa7b887198dd1017783342d9.jpg

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

Whatever becomes of 92L, the weaker the system stays the further west it'll be able to go. Even if this maxes out as a weak TS, it may make its way into the Gulf before turning north. Canadian model shows this the best and would give central NC a widespread rain event. That seems to be the greatest potential impact from this system. Just too much shear and land in it's way not to mention the fact it still has not consolidated. I cannot see a path to a strong system at this point. It's also moving and forecast to remain moving extremely quick, which can make it tough to organize substantially given the initial organization, or lack there of