• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Monday, May 11, 2020 Gusty t’storms

weatherwiz

Nothing exciting up here... just cold rain in the 40s.  Awful afternoon.

Bright banding on the BTV radar with snow levels around 3,000ft.  Looks like the Adirondacks are going over to snow, too.

Probably some fresh white on the summits and ridges tomorrow morning.

May_11.gif.ba05407e0789fac236b5ffb2fffd566f.gif

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Nothing exciting up here... just cold rain in the 40s.  Awful afternoon.

Bright banding on the BTV radar with snow levels around 3,000ft.  Looks like the Adirondacks are going over to snow, too.

Probably some fresh white on the summits and ridges tomorrow morning.

May_11.gif.ba05407e0789fac236b5ffb2fffd566f.gif

Are you going to act like your not watching the temps at Bolton and the cam at Sugar Bush... next two hours i bet there is a flip 

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Are you going to act like your not watching the temps at Bolton and the cam at Sugar Bush... next two hours i bet there is a flip 

No?  Already dumping on the Bolton cam.

Look at the size of those flakes.  Absolutely dumping up there, looks like an inch on the haul rope already.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

No?  Already dumping on the Bolton cam.

Look at the size of those flakes.  Absolutely dumping up there, looks like an inch on the haul rope already.

heavy, heavy snow.  Just reopened some wounds that were finally healing.  Ugh

• Like 2

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Wow Bolton is getting crushed

Yeah I think they all are north of Killington.  Just can't see it, ha.  Sugarbush took down their upper mountain cams after the last storm. 

Even snowing at the Bolton base pretty hard, just starting to stick.  Those folks who live up there at 2kft get another measurable snowfall, ha.

White ridgelines in the morning.

3 minutes ago, radarman said:

heavy, heavy snow.  Just reopened some wounds that were finally healing.  Ugh

Pretty cool radar signature.  Low level inflow with like a mini warm conveyor belt lifting north and cold conveyor belt in the Champlain Valley?  Is that what I'm seeing?

The mountains up here are going to rip for a bit here.  Could put down a fast several inches above 2,500ft.

Bright banding is collapsing into the BTV radar site too, snow levels might be getting down decently low.

May_11b.gif.0662075ad9ffc576cac227cd34baa179.gif

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I think they all are north of Killington.  Just can't see it, ha.  Sugarbush took down their upper mountain cams after the last storm. 

Even snowing at the Bolton base pretty hard, just starting to stick.  Those folks who live up there at 2kft get another measurable snowfall, ha.

White ridgelines in the morning.

Poor Wiz, his marginal risk got hijacked by snow...

• Haha 7

Just now, powderfreak said:

Pretty cool radar signature.  Low level inflow with like a mini warm conveyor belt lifting north and cold conveyor belt in the Champlain Valley?  Is that what I'm seeing?

The mountains up here are going to rip for a bit here.  Could put down a fast several inches above 2,500ft.

You can actually see the bright banding disappear as the column cools. The simulated reflectivity since yesterday was actually showing this transitioning to a small CCB as it departs tonight.

• Like 1