• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Monday, May 11, 2020 Gusty t’storms

weatherwiz

Another vigorous shortwave moves overhead during the day Monday with extremely unseasonably cold temperatures aloft yielding very steep mid-level lapse rates. Combination of surface heating and dewpoints into the 40’s will contribute several hundred J/KG of MLCAPE. 

inverted-v signature on forecast soundings indicate potential for strong, gusty winds with any thunderstorms while the super cold air aloft will promote potential for small hail/grauple.

8 minutes ago, It's Always Sunny said:

I think seeing mid-level lapse rates pushing 8.0C/km is more fascinating than the t-storms you'll be getting tomorrow as exciting as that is too.

I agree with this haha...always love me some mid-level lapse rates approaching 8. Not common around here 

17 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

Another vigorous shortwave moves overhead during the day Monday with extremely unseasonably cold temperatures aloft yielding very steep mid-level lapse rates. Combination of surface heating and dewpoints into the 40’s will contribute several hundred J/KG of MLCAPE. 

inverted-v signature on forecast soundings indicate potential for strong, gusty winds with any thunderstorms while the super cold air aloft will promote potential for small hail/grauple.

That is hilarious .... 

across decades of Meteorological experience I've never heard the words 'dewpoint', '40s', and 'contribute' actually attempted in the same sentence when speaking in deference to convection -  

what a f'up state of climate we must be in 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

we just went through a weird 2 minute event here when this line of showers passed over head...  White noise stripping flowering trees and sending rain drops sideways.  Suspiciously inverted sounding as it was decidedly colder gusts. Almost no wind now...