Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 8-9 mid-spring rain, snow, cold, wind obs

CT Valley Snowman

16 minutes ago, alex said:

Just measured 1.5" on surfaces that had been cleared this morning, making the total a respectable 8" for today so far. Just light snow now

You are in a snowy spot man.  I visit your type of climate almost every day but I don't live in it.  The local mesoscale differences even within towns around NNE is pretty nuts, you are in the "snowier" inhabited zone.

Good moisture from better low development the further east you get, and a blocked flow given the tilting in the atmosphere, this was a great set-up for you tucked in on that NW slope of the Presidential Range.

12 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Wow that’s awesome. It’s not even up by CAR and it’s mostly under 500 feet. 

For those wondering where Lee Maine is

7260FC07-A7CD-4A23-A1E6-642300CAA9F1.jpeg

About 25 miles to the NE from Lee, Orient reported 14".  They're on the border with Canada, right where the squiggly border (East Grand Lake and trib) turns toward the north.

Missed all the squalls, as they slid south while the precip that dumped on NE Maine stayed just to my north.  However, 3.2" on May 9 warrants no weenie complaints.

57 minutes ago, S&P said:

Was walking dogs yesterday by mt hope bridge in Portsmouth, second Saturday guys kite boarding, it was ripping. Hard to see but they were getting some pretty good air 

Reposting here, kind of storm related 

9 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

I was between squalls but saw some flakes walking the dogs tonight. Is that one of the Japanese dogs Hippy?

He!s a Carolina Dog.  Basically an American dingo.   They show up pretty frequently in shelters down south,  our guy is a hurricane Harvey refugee. 3rd one I've had. 

http://hounddogsdrule.com/hounds/pariahs/carolina-dog/

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 11:47 AM, Cold Miser said:

Was that 14' in Maine the max snow from this system? 

Pretty impressive for going into mid-May.

Highest I've seen, and that part of eastern Maine was the jack (for the US, might've dumped more in New Brunswick.)

• Like 2

• 11 months later...