Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 8-9 mid-spring rain, snow, cold, wind obs

CT Valley Snowman

46 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

Instead of 3 of you guys joking or giving 1 word responses, can you give a detailed Reasoning begins it?  Especially the radar?  As it’s obviously true that there was snow there.  But the R/S Line was 100 miles North oh it.....  

Graupel 

12 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Another band about to roll through CT.

I'm right on the sound in Branford. 36 and a nice squall just rolled through and coated everything. Impressive for this time of year. 

20200509-192328.jpg

Squalls up here this time of year, pretty cool and impressive.  

But squalls like your photo, in the time of max diurnal temperatures, along the Long Island Sound is absolutely bonkers for this time of year.

Guess that’s what happens when 850mb and 500mb are near the minimum climo values on the NAEFS ensemble.

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Squalls up here this time of year, pretty cool and impressive.  

But squalls like your photo, in the time of max diurnal temperatures, along the Long Island Sound is absolutely bonkers for this time of year.

Guess that’s what happens when 850mb and 500mb are near the minimum climo values on the NAEFS ensemble.

It’s really just the annual May cold snap. 

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I’ll throw the video up on YouTube later and link it here but it was nuts! 

This feels like late November or early December with this airmass and popcorn squalls under a ULL. Yet we’re 6 weeks from the solstice. 

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

This feels like late November or early December with this airmass and popcorn squalls under a ULL. Yet we’re 6 weeks from the solstice. 

I might even try to find the twitter thread of this Cranky fellow.... what a terrible way to go down swinging by trying to minimize this.  Need some good entertainment, I’m assuming Twitter has lit the guy up.

Not sure what’s more impressive, the air mass or the fact that a weather personality thinks this is run of the mill.

Just now, powderfreak said:

I might even try to find the twitter thread of this Cranky fellow.... what a terrible way to go down swinging by trying to minimize this.  Need some good entertainment, I’m assuming Twitter has lit the guy up.

He said we only got highs in the 40s last May so it’s NBD. 

Im guessing he completely ignored the low temps. 

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Not sure what’s more impressive, the air mass or the fact that a weather personality thinks this is run of the mill.

He doesn’t reply to the comments. Instead he makes new snide tweets addressing them 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

This is the end of the squall. Excellent.

Fukkin' May and there's a coating of the snow on the ground there... I don't know the climo as much down there but I have to think these types of snow squalls are on a pretty decent return time. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Fukkin' May and there's a coating of the snow on the ground there... I don't know the climo as much down there but I have to think these types of snow squalls are on a pretty decent return time. 

It’s an annual occurrence according to Cranky.