Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 8-9 mid-spring rain, snow, cold, wind obs

CT Valley Snowman

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Were they ok?

Good to hear they were okay.

I am just shocked that there are trees left in Tolland to fall down.  I would have thought they all would have come down the past 5 years based on the number of downed trees and power lines we have seen over the years.

• Haha 1

Can someone PLEASE explain this Snow situation?  My friend from the Hamptons just called up and said “It’s like 45 and it’s SHOWING!?”  I look at the Radar, and the Rain / Snow Line is clearly NW Worcester.....  

EXCERPT, this Circular Section over the Hamptons that is a Blue Ball of Snow.  

WHAT IN THE HELL?  But also, the “Snow” that’s stuck looked Much more like Hail, But Hail Only Congress in Thunderstorms?  But it’s sleety?  It snowed in True Flake Form after she took that picture as well

I’m both confused by what the “Snow” actually is, and What is this Bay of cold air and hope How it happen?  But again, sue said it was clearly warm when in the 40’s.  

8036592F-973E-4D1A-919A-C1B6C9846680.jpeg

• Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

Can someone PLEASE explain this Snow situation?  My friend from the Hamptons just called up and said “It’s like 45 and it’s SHOWING!?”  I look at the Radar, and the Rain / Snow Line is clearly NW Worcester.....  

WHAT IN THE HELL?  But also, the “Snow” that’s stuck looked Much more like Hail, But Hail Only Congress in Thunderstorms?  But it’s sleety?  It snowed in True Flake Form after she took that picture as well

I’m both confused by what the “Snow” actually is, and What is this Bay of cold air and hope How it happen?  But again, sue said it was clearly warm when in the 40’s.  

Graupel

1 minute ago, TheSnowman said:

:cory:

Had some massive graupel on my hike... stuff was like the size of BBs.  

A general 4-5” fresh inches above 1800ft made it through the day with no melting.  

Still getting snow showers at home and some snow has made it through the whole day on the north side of barriers.  Crazy to get an inch and a half to not fully melt out everywhere at this elevation in May.

10 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

Accordions falling from the sky ?

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Seems like a waste of taxpayers money 

It's obviously worked for Tolland for a while.  I mean if you have a State barracks in the town, that pretty much covers it.  Troopers always going to and from the barracks is enough to keep enforcement up in a small town.

These squalls have been going pretty much consistently for like 8 hours now. 

Pretty impressive to have this steady stream of snow showers and squalls under the cold pool for so many hours on end.

Sun then snow then sun then graupel then sun then snow, etc.

May_9_7pm.gif.9cd1b7a0542f6e6a9a9172df74e2dc95.gif

41 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

Haven't you been here for a decade :lol: