• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 8-9 mid-spring rain, snow, cold, wind obs

CT Valley Snowman

I remember when I first moved here and was wowed by the prospect of snow in May. I also believed anything more than a flake was strictly reserved for the white mtn region....clearly having to rethink that especially given we’re 9 days into it. :o

We’re missing accums by a few degrees, it seems, but otherwise generally impressed with the rates and lack of mixing.... Should be great for the garden and lawn.... despite the wintry appeal.

5.0" looks to be the final here as the sun comes out. Tough to measure due to the winds blowing around dry, fluffy nature of the snow. It's wet at the bottom. Depths ranged from 4.5" to 5.5". 

Had a low temperature of 22.6° F at 8 AM with a midnight "high" of 29.2° F. I wonder if I verify a subfreezing high today? It'll be close since that May sun is intense.

Although May snow is not uncommon here  (I had 3.3" last year on the 14th of the month), this type of snow is. It's like midwinter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wxmanmitch said:

5.0" looks to be the final here as the sun comes out. Tough to measure due to the winds blowing around dry, fluffy nature of the snow. It's wet at the bottom. Depths ranged from 4.5" to 5.5". 

Had a low temperature of 22.6° F at 8 AM with a midnight "high" of 29.2° F. I wonder if I verify a subfreezing high today? It'll be close since that May sun is intense.

Although May snow is not uncommon here  (I had 3.3" last year on the 14th of the month), this type of snow is. It's like midwinter.

Nice Mitch, looks like some squalls this afternoon.  Maybe T snow

• Like 1