Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Saturday, May 9, 2020 Fun

weatherwiz

25 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah... I have a thought -  next is stock-piling weapons.  When's the movement formalized for seceding?

That bold is a somewhat unnerving in a way. It's a bit of an homage to a real sociological problem that is emerging because of internet technologies, et al.

What is happening to humanity because of the last 20 to 30 years... it is focusing local ethos into 'cultural schisms'  

Seriously, it is a real phenomenon that is/has begun tearing at the fabric of societal identities everywhere. It's tsunamis of information exposure is causing fear, and then reclusive tendencies back into realms of familiarization because the average person can't really process the immense complexity and Globular abstractions of the 'whole planetary' din.  And then these 'cultural islets' that formulate become tribal; made up of 3000 peeps that tend to fold in fringe ideologies over time, but close the door on the general voice's ability to instruct the common point of view that by proximity extends too far outside the internal's registry... they become dangerous given time.  Not all, but a few... 

You guys ready to secede yet -  ... haha

Ha,  Don't get me started about the threads in this group.  Lots of conflict right now because the locals don't want the summer SNE people to come north.  Lots of anger and opinions in the group.  People keep posting they have never seen so much anger towards the "flatlanders".   The worst comes out in people in times of hardship.  I stick to weather and nature postings.....

• Like 1

I went with a coating to 2-3" on the hills around Newfound.  That was before the 12Z GFS which bumps up qpf a bit.  More important my VP2 stopped communicating with the data tracker so my weather station is offline.  I can't figure it out.  Rebooted unplugged and replugged USB.  Arrgghh.  I'm so untechy~

2 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

Ha,  Don't get me started about the threads in this group.  Lots of conflict right now because the locals don't want the summer SNE people to come north.  Lots of anger and opinions in the group.  People keep posting they have never seen so much anger towards the "flatlanders".   The worst comes out in people in times of hardship.  I stick to weather and nature postings.....

I think tips diatribe was more about the fact that it is a closed Facebook group. it was a very strange post.

Just now, dryslot said:

He told me the pack was still like 3'+ in places up there.

That area is such a weenie spot....too bad we don't have consistent obs up there. They must get destroyed with upslope too that goes unrecorded (also terrible radar coverage there).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That area is such a weenie spot....too bad we don't have consistent obs up there. They must get destroyed with upslope too that goes unrecorded (also terrible radar coverage there).

It is a weenie spot, Windy as a fuk too whenever i go up, Yeah, Radar doesn't pick up whats going on there at all, It will snow almost daily there in the winter months.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It’s got the classic residual upslope cloud even in that photo... the low topped thing hugging the hilltops, I bet that’s producing flakes.  That has the classic mesoscale cloud look formed low level in response to the terrain.