Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Saturday, May 9, 2020 Fun

weatherwiz

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

It would be the second one if it happened, We had one back in the 60's that my mom always mentions, I remember dad bbq a roaster on the charcoal grill swearing away......lol

We had 3" here in 1966. 1945 was a few inches at the Franklin COOP, but Gilmanton had 10" and CON had 5".

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

We had 3" here in 1966. 1945 was a few inches at the Franklin COOP, but Gilmanton had 10" and CON had 5".

A few inches to say it snowed in May, Yeah, Ok,  But i find were pretty dependent on power so i would like to still have it.

• Like 1

I vaguely remember that morning in '77.  I'm sure there are photos at my parents house of snow covered flowers.

I was a year younger then than my daughter is now and she just had her first decent mid-April event. Love to be able to get her a May one too considering the way the rest of this spring has gone...

GFS trended northwest with the track and saucier with the jackpot.  It's within a run or two of matching the euro and it's 700mb frontogenisis max matches well with where the Euro had the jackpot. NE PA to NW ME.

If the deathband formed there, it would match the Euro. 

lqtr5uG.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Most of you were not around for May 77, it melted faster than a kid eating ice cream at 97/74. Poof 

I mean sure.....I was 5 in CA Bay Area where what we are talking about never happens.......still....Oct 2011 happened so no reason why this deal shouldn't......melt or not.....its pretty much 6 months out from halloween so we're dealing with a thing on the back half of the season opposed to the front half......we pray

52 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

The 02 snow melted pretty fast.  I went through ALB about 4 hours after it ended and you'd never know it snowed

Same thing here...  was still pretty  cool to see  here.. me and my dad went out  to breakfast that day and remember  everyone  talking g about how they never seen it that late

9 hours ago, dendrite said:

Farmington had 8.4" on 5/11/45, a 9.0" storm on 10-11.  Then 18 years later on the 11th their 2nd biggest May event dropped 7". 

The last minute shift SE. Unfortunately quite typical no matter when a storm is on tap

Regardless I don't think this has potential for more than 2-4, at least where I'm at this far west. Timing of precip would've needed to be like four or five hours slower to actually have snow. Fast mover too. 

If there's to be 2-4 it's likelier east of me with far more favorable timing. WPC guidance in lime with my thoughts.