Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Observations

yotaman

4 hours ago, Wow said:

Awesome storm!  Best one in a couple years.  ALready 1.8" in 20 min. Big thunder & lightning, gusty wind.. some small hail. Slow moving too

I got 2.75” in a bit over an hour. Surprised there was no flash flood advisories issued. 

Tonight’s storm just camped out over the Triad for well over four hours.  Intense downpour for half an hour then moderate rain for the rest of the evening.  I’m at 1.4” right now.  Most of the heavier rain was north and south of me, but I won’t complain.  Saves me from turning on the sprinklers this week.

We are being forced to choose between 70°, dark and drizzly for days on end or a heatwave and drought.  This switch is gonna flip later in June and we'll be begging for a break.  2020 weather is about as bad as the rest of the year so far.

Can we please dial up a week of 80°, sunshine, low humidity and a 10mph breeze?  This current pattern is just wrong.  

1 hour ago, kvegas-wx said:

We are being forced to choose between 70°, dark and drizzly for days on end or a heatwave and drought.  This switch is gonna flip later in June and we'll be begging for a break.  2020 weather is about as bad as the rest of the year so far.

Can we please dial up a week of 80°, sunshine, low humidity and a 10mph breeze?  This current pattern is just wrong.  

Yeah I'd take that too.  Only problem is, low humidity is hard to come by this time of year.  

Edit, just saw TWC showing upstate 3 days of mid 70 highs and mid 50 lows starting next Sunday with NO RAIN! That would fit the bill and be a nice entry to June.

6 hours ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

I just don't even know what to say about this incredible pattern we've been in for 29 months now. Just passed 2in for the evening and I'm now over 51in for the year. 

GSP now at 40.46. 

It’s ridiculous! GSP is +20” of normal, since January 1st! This is the most anti-Shetley pattern, I have ever seen! No 130s in sight and we won’t need a tropical system to save us! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Low of 63. Currently cloudy and 73/66. Side note: Amazed at the difference between the coast and foothills. I am at 20.52" for the year thanks to last week. Hoping for a bunch ,ore later this week to get us back to normal before summer hits.

1 hour ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Heavy showers pushing through the Morehead area. Brief excessive rainfall rates. It will rain for 5-10 minutes and then go to completely sunny and miserably humid

Yep, same here. Had some brief showers and now its sunny and 78/75. Humidity at 90%.

On and off rain today. Rains hard for a few and then sun comes out. Rinse and repeat. .27" so far. 74/72.

Had a very heavy storm come thru. It dropped an additional .77" on us for a total of 1.04" which has pushed me to 7.65" for the month.

About half an inch overnight.  My gauge needs to be resecured so it collect properly.

We've had nice regular rains this spring and the container garden is just exploding.  Only the stuff in the 3-4" pots has been requiring supplemental watering between rains.