• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Observations

yotaman

Getting frequently sustained easterly wind gusts into the mid-30's at the coast this morning. Very, Very heavy rain off and on all morning, really need a rain bucket at the house here in Morehead. Had a heck of a lightning storm push through at 5:00. Woke me up with house-jarring thunder and sharp cracking lightning. First lightning here of the event Looks like we are getting in the moisture train today, not that we've had any lack of rain, but it's been off and on since the tropical storm.

From 4:30 this morning till now (1:45PM) it has been NONSTOP rain/thunder. Rain has gone from "frog-strangling heavy" to "take the dog for a walk with raincoat" light but it has not stopped. On top of the tropical storm rainfall and rain all week, I'd say wet is an understatement. 

32 minutes ago, Solak said:

84 here right now. Not a very good beach day on the outer banks. Cloudy and 57 at Duck. Brrrrrr!

Our temp has dropped to 82/70 this past hour as the wind has switched to the east northeast. Hopefully more of that Atlantic air will filter in.

Well officially GSP hit 89 so no 90 yet. The rain is just reaching crazy levels this year though. Through today, GSP has recorded 39.97! This is an incredible 21.4 inches above the normal of 18.57. There is still a week left in May and it could well see another inch or several this week. I was blanked today (which I'm happy about) but I am up to 49.02 in for the year so far! 

• Like 1