• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2020 Discussion

Hoosier

We got into the sun up here so the highs ended up in the mid 70's. The forecast for the next 7-10 days looks great as of right now. 70's and 80's during the day with 50's and 60's at night and a chance of thunderstorms everyday. Sounds like a forecast that actually belongs to the current month for once. Here's hoping that the forecast sticks this time and isn't ruined by a cutoff low from hell. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Geoboy645 said:

The forecast for the next 7-10 days looks great as of right now. 70's and 80's during the day with 50's and 60's at night and a chance of thunderstorms everyday. Sounds like a forecast that actually belongs to the current month for once. Here's hoping that the forecast sticks this time and isn't ruined by a cutoff low from hell. 

Even TWC is hinting almost no dry days the rest of the month heading into June. :axe:
image.png.805318f062165be059e26219bc1c1a85.png

This was the 11th day with measurable precipitation for Cincinnati, the 12th day with measurable precipitation for Dayton, and the 13th day with measurable precipitation for Columbus. Cincinnati's record for the most number of days with measurable precipitation in May is 22 days in May 1892. Dayton's record for the most number of days with measurable precipitation in May is 21 days in May 2003. Columbus' record for the most number of days with measurable precipitation in May is 22 days in May 2004, which is also the all-time record for the most number of days with measurable precipitation in a calendar month. The all-time record for the most number of days with measurable precipitation in a calendar month for both Cincinnati and Dayton is 23 days in July 1992.

• Sad 1

Heavy overcast and 57 degrees at 10am.  Looking at the vis would indicate we won't be seeing anything other than a quick peek at the sun today.  Hopefully we can get some drizzle to add to the misery.  

4 days in a row, it’s been brutal. Laughed to myself this morning realizing it’s almost June. May was really a waste. A few beautiful days but mostly remember it as rainy and cool
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, King James said:

4 days in a row, it’s been brutal. Laughed to myself this morning realizing it’s almost June. May was really a waste. A few beautiful days but mostly remember it as rainy and cool

Yeah it's about as bad as it could get.  Still only 59 here at nearly 2pm, with the heavy overcast holding fast overhead.  Days start getting shorter again in a month lol.

The mid 80s with near 70 degree dews on Sunday will be a welcome change. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hawkeye_wx said:

What a dreadful week.  The dense cloud shield puts a low-60s cap on our temp.

DVN says 73º here tomorrow, but I'll believe it when I see it.

ILN says low to mid 70’s as well here even with that low spinning directly overhead.  Hard to believe too especially since temps have missed the mark all week.

2 hours ago, hawkeye_wx said:

What a dreadful week.  The dense cloud shield puts a low-60s cap on our temp.

DVN office at least called this nightmare early on, LOT was far too optimistic since last Sunday. In truth, if you know our climo tendencies this wasn't a surprise.  In fairness, cloudy and 60 in late May just puts me in a bad mood....in a normal year.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, hawkeye_wx said:

Not surprisingly, DVN lowered our high by 5 degrees, to 68º.  The endless conveyor of dense clouds from the east is depressing.  It's normal to get a day or two of this, but not six.

There are at least a few breaks in the clouds trying to pop across the region.  Maybe we can get lucky and see a bit of sun later.

8 minutes ago, hawkeye_wx said:

Not surprisingly, DVN lowered our high by 5 degrees, to 68º.  The endless conveyor of dense clouds from the east is depressing.  It's normal to get a day or two of this, but not six.

There are at least a few breaks in the clouds trying to pop across the region.  Maybe we can get lucky and see a bit of sun later.

Maybe in December, but not May lol.

Clouds have actually thinned enough to let some dim sun through from time to time, and that has allowed our temp to reach 66 already.  That's already warmer than the previous 4 days.

• Like 1

12z GFS not looking good for N IL for flooding issues 

1.8 PW values being funneled up around the TX low and the SE ridge and some  weak 500mb jet energy

N IL on the SE side of the GFS heaviest rain..but that is a bad place to be this time of year since poorly modeled outflows often focus the rains more SE then modeled 

hopefully I am wrong and the heaviest rains will stay more NW where they can handle the water better