• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

Tornado warning for Franklin/Essex counties in upstate NY.

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

Tornado Warning National Weather Service Burlington VT

742 PM EDT Sun Aug 2 2020

The National Weather Service in Burlington has issued a * Tornado Warning for... Southeastern Franklin County in northern New York... Southwestern Essex County in northern New York... * Until 815 PM EDT. *

At 742 PM EDT, a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado was located 8 miles west of Newcomb, moving northeast at 30 mph.

HAZARD...Tornado.

SOURCE...Radar indicated rotation.

IMPACT...Flying debris will be dangerous to those caught without shelter. Mobile homes will be damaged or destroyed. Damage to roofs, windows, and vehicles will occur. Tree damage is likely.

* This dangerous storm will be near... Newcomb around 800 PM EDT.

Other locations impacted by this tornadic thunderstorm include Vanderwhacker Mountain and Tahawus.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... TAKE COVER NOW! Move to a basement or an interior room on the lowest floor of a sturdy building. Avoid windows. If you are outdoors, in a mobile home, or in a vehicle, move to the closest substantial shelter and protect yourself from flying debris.

44 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

You guys really don’t follow this stuff either? Local Mets starting to get worried about rainfall in Rochester- I have no idea. 

I'm confused by this post.  What don't we follow and who is worried about excessive rain?  There is zero risk of flooding for our area.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

I'm confused by this post.  What don't we follow and who is worried about excessive rain?  There is zero risk of flooding for our area.  

Rightfully so. Josh Nichols (local forecaster) posted a tweet talking about people needing to be prepared. He has since deleted it. So add me to the confused. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Syrmax said:

I'm at about 0.9" rainfall thusfar today, since 8 am  (0.13" overnight puts event over an inch here).  Looks like quite a bit more coming for CNY.

Edit: I just emptied my raingauge, 1.02" since 8 am.  Total for event at 1.15"...

I’m not that far from you and I measured 0.58 inch since 7 AM and .06 overnight.  Skies have cleared in the last half hour and it turned into a nice evening.

2 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

I’m not that far from you and I measured 0.58 inch since 7 AM and .06 overnight.  Skies have cleared in the last half hour and it turned into a nice evening.

Bone dry here. Lake Erie, even as warm as it is, has redirected all the rain away from us the last few weeks. Serious rain shadow. I’ll water tonight and looks like nothing incoming for the next several days.