• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

19 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

I agree completely. I’m sitting here completely baffled as to what the hell is going on. There wasnt a single model that showed any of these prefrontal storms or rain until 8pm or later tonight yet. Very bizarre. And does that mean we still get the MCS squall line later too? 

16 degree temp drop here pre and post squall.  Looks like the clouds are thinning back out to the west so maybe we can reheat a little again.  Decent batch of convection over Western Lake Erie might bring us some more action later?  

3 hours ago, Thinksnow18 said:

After a 3 week stretch of pretty unbearable weather, it appears as we get to the end of the month and beginning of August the temps look to be much more seasonable in the low 80's with some 70's from time to time. 

NWS just tweeted this. 

Tired of the heat yet?? Well, taking a look at the Climate Prediction Center's longer range outlook for the last week of July into the start of August, appears no relief from the heat coming anytime soon. Do you like the heat we've been experiencing, or prefer it a bit cooler?

8A721C07-9585-4F9F-89FD-3FAA7E71C1DD.png

6 hours ago, WesterlyWx said:

NWS just tweeted this. 

Tired of the heat yet?? Well, taking a look at the Climate Prediction Center's longer range outlook for the last week of July into the start of August, appears no relief from the heat coming anytime soon. Do you like the heat we've been experiencing, or prefer it a bit cooler?

8A721C07-9585-4F9F-89FD-3FAA7E71C1DD.png

LOL this will be a BIG BUST!  Next 2 weeks in Rochester NY, the temp will be in low to mid 80's which is average, not above average.  NOAA website is a joke. They never get it right. 

55 minutes ago, brentrich said:

LOL this will be a BIG BUST!  Next 2 weeks in Rochester NY, the temp will be in low to mid 80's which is average, not above average.  NOAA website is a joke. They never get it right. 

Looks like mid to upper 80's to me for the next week and possible low 90's early next week. Doesnt look like a bust to me. Atleast for CNY area. 

2 hours ago, brentrich said:

The average high for Rochester is 81 degrees this time of year and is already declining.  Therefore anything above that is above normal, I know math is hard for dimwit trolls like yourself, but you can do better. 

After almost a decade on here, I finally have to block a user.  I advise the rest of you to do the same.  And when the loser makes a new handle, we can ignore that one too. Let's keep this place relatively clean.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DeltaT13 said:

The average high for Rochester is 81 degrees this time of year and is already declining.  Therefore anything above that is above normal, I know math is hard for dimwit trolls like yourself, but you can do better. 

After almost a decade on here, I finally have to block a user.  I advise the rest of you to do the same.  And when the loser makes a new handle, we can ignore that one too. Let's keep this place relatively clean.  

You are correct, the average high for Rochester is 81 degree. 5 degree above or 5 degree below is consider average so that would be 76-86 degree. Only 2 or 3 days out of 15 days is above average so that's why I said it's a bust because I do not see any heat wave coming in next 2 weeks. 

15 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

I would normally call you loco...but some cooler days sound nice. Think I might be permanently scarred after the great Buffalo heat bomb of July 2020. 

:P Not loco..just tremendously dislike heat. I haven't allowed that to stop me from enjoying the summer though. I have been going on lots of hikes, especially on the days when the high is in the lower 80s and lower. Fortunately, there have been lots of nice breezes to make it more manageable here as well.

Plus...I LOVE fall. Days in the 60s and 70s with lower humidity and lots of sunshine...with crisp, fresh nights for sleeping and hoodies. Mid-September to the End of October is a glorious time.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Luke_Mages said:

Good to know, we’re climbing Mt Marcy next week with skylight and gray peak. 

I wish I did Skylight and Gray Peak when I did Marcy a few years back. I have to go back to finish those 2. This is a map I got off ETSY. I put a poster board behind it and framed it. Everytime I do a peak I put a pin at the top of the mountain. Helps me keep track of all the ones I've done and left to do. And looks awesome in my office.

KjAXZc0.jpg

• Like 3

It was another nice morning to go for a walk on the Onondaga Lake Parkway here in the Syracuse area. Got home just in time before the rain started..which was also a nice bonus to the day. The grass/plants need it, and it kept the temp. in the mid 70s. Then, went out this evening to clean up the car with sun shining, and boy was it muggy!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Looks like quite a bit. I don't keep track of rainfall, but lots of puddles in the neighborhood. 

Yeah it looked like the radar was lit up quite well just south of the city this morning...the good news with all the heat is we quickly received enough rain to get out of the dry conditions we were in.

• Like 1