Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Those are some nice cells

image.thumb.png.45456dee6c9c0d54dec12944f24306c9.png

It’s a really nice system but my instinct just says it’s going to dive southeast into the more unstable air and miss the entire Ontario Lake plain.  The 0z run was just a significant jump south. Booooo

4 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Yeah it looks pretty far SW on radar in Michigan.

I agree. The models transfer the bulk of the storms to closer to the surface low as nocturnal factors take over but it’ll be a fight between the two.  Wish I could stay up and watch it all unfold but I need sleep. Not feeling good in my position for heavy rain, but we are still in play at least. I think Jamestown is in a prime spot and you’re on the hairy edge. 

8 hours ago, DeltaT13 said:

I agree. The models transfer the bulk of the storms to closer to the surface low as nocturnal factors take over but it’ll be a fight between the two.  Wish I could stay up and watch it all unfold but I need sleep. Not feeling good in my position for heavy rain, but we are still in play at least. I think Jamestown is in a prime spot and you’re on the hairy edge. 

Nice call, even Jamestown landed up being too far north. Models were awful with this event. Heaviest was between Erie and Pittsburgh. 0.09” here lmao. Not even a lousy 10th of an inch. The dry streak continues! 

3 hours ago, WesterlyWx said:

Nice call, even Jamestown landed up being too far north. Models were awful with this event. Heaviest was between Erie and Pittsburgh. 0.09” here lmao. Not even a lousy 10th of an inch. The dry streak continues! 

Very sad we missed out on that rain. Almost a full 7-8 days until the next widespread rain chance. Get those sprinklers fired up. It’s going to be an arid brown wasteland come Fourth of July. Aside from that, highs and lows this week look absolutely marvelous. 80s and 60s respectively. 

I picked up a miracle half inch of rain with a narrow line of potent storms right around 330 this morning.  I’ll take it!!  Now we start the 7 day dry stretch.  

side note - the storm had some great thunder and lightning. Was a quintessential short but intense summer  nighttime thunderstorm.  

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Revracer800 said:

What is it with this guy ^^^^^^ and his oddball post? Fall is a long ways off. 

He's your textbook troll. An Internet and keyboard warrior! If you look at his posts he trolls the political fields, the winter threads, and the New England coronavirus and weather threads. He's on both sides of the equation most times. I can almost guarantee he's that toolbox Tolland because we all know that guy doesn't have a life and has 15 different accounts probably on here and for catfishing on Tinder. 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Revracer800 said:

What is it with this guy ^^^^^^ and his oddball post? Fall is a long ways off. 

He's just a stupid troll, and a bad one at that.  Imagine trolling a weather board (that's about as lame as it gets to start with), and the best you can do is point out dates on a calendar to when fall will start as if this is some kind of punishing or groundbreaking information.  

• Haha 2

On 6/29/2020 at 11:33 AM, DeltaT13 said:

He's just a stupid troll, and a bad one at that.  Imagine trolling a weather board (that's about as lame as it gets to start with), and the best you can do is point out dates on a calendar to when fall will start as if this is some kind of punishing or groundbreaking information.  

It's a failed attempt at trolling as most people here enjoy the changing temps in fall including myself. ^_^

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, vortmax said:

Hoping a couple of cells make it across the lake:

image.png.4d61f1e450d4d9c547e216bb514669ab.png

ive been eyeing them too but don't think they stand a chance. 

Pretty interesting and well defined lake breeze convergence zone.  I've never fully understood why they show up on radar on a day like this?  Is it just an air density difference causing an impedance mismatch and thus reflection in the beam?