• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

46 minutes ago, Flying MXZ said:

36.8° this morning.  Heat coming though.

Real roller coaster pattern. I'm not sure we see a long stretch of heat this year. The oatretn is conducive to spikes of heat and longer periods of cooler weather. This may change as we get into July but for the next few weeks thus looks predominate

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Real roller coaster pattern. I'm not sure we see a long stretch of heat this year. The oatretn is conducive to spikes of heat and longer periods of cooler weather. This may change as we get into July but for the next few weeks thus looks predominate

I like it. If I wanted weeks of unending Summer heat, I'd live in Georgia. I find the cooler reprieves from the heat to be refreshing. It's easier to take and "enjoy" the 90 degree days knowing that a break is in sight 2 days away.

• Like 4

hi, 

I'm Charlie and I am new here.

I live near Buffalo NY.

could anyone please tell me if there is such a thing as an accurate prediction

for how hot this summer is gonna be?

I am thinking about getting Central Air Conditioning.

and wonder if its worth it.

thank you for any thoughts.   :)

Hi Charlie and welcome.

What town do you live in?

Not sure about the accurate forecast part but lots to consider like your elevation, amount of shade, breeze and your tolerance for heat and humidity.

Here in central NY at elevation in the woods it has never been worth it for us to get AC.

There are typically 3 or 4 nights per summer we wish we had it.

2 hours ago, chasman said:

hi, 

I'm Charlie and I am new here.

I live near Buffalo NY.

could anyone please tell me if there is such a thing as an accurate prediction

for how hot this summer is gonna be?

I am thinking about getting Central Air Conditioning.

and wonder if its worth it.

thank you for any thoughts.   :)

I agree with @cny rider Buffalo has never seen triple digits because of the lake. So unless your in a second floor apartment in a metro area you really don’t need it. We have it and use it only on the hottest of days, and mainly because we’re in bed before 9. 

thank you very much cny rider.

I live near Buffalo NY.

and thank you very much Luke.

it was so hot last week, I was thinking it might be worth it to me.

I have searched on the web, and have not found much about the forecast 

for this summer for around here.

do you guys have any thoughts if there is are reliable 

forecasts out there somewhere? 

Pretty unusual to see a nearly dry frontal passage tonight with such a massive air mass change.  I guess thats what you get when the front crosses at 4am.  

Also, highs in the upper 50's/low 60's on Saturday, thats ****ing garbage.  Can't stand cold temps now that we are getting deep into the warm season.  Frustrating few days of weather here, at least for me.  

3 hours ago, DeltaT13 said:

Pretty unusual to see a nearly dry frontal passage tonight with such a massive air mass change.  I guess thats what you get when the front crosses at 4am.  

Also, highs in the upper 50's/low 60's on Saturday, thats ****ing garbage.  Can't stand cold temps now that we are getting deep into the warm season.  Frustrating few days of weather here, at least for me.  

I made mention earlier in this thread that the pattern were in now looks to last a few weeks. Up, down nothing sustained. Maybe July will be more uniform one way or the other?

20 minutes ago, chasman said:

does anyone else know if there are accurate forecasts for how hot this summer will be in Buffalo NY?

Hey, welcome to the board. Where did you move from?

I thought somebody answered this question for you the other day? So far, the pattern has been a roller coaster for this summer. The Buffalo area rarely hits 90 or above because of its proximity to Lake Erie. So if you're hoping for a scorcher of a summer, Buffalo is not your place to be. I would say it's safe to plan on mid 70s to mid 80s most days.

• Like 2

On 6/10/2020 at 2:15 PM, TugHillMatt said:

Hey, welcome to the board. Where did you move from?

I thought somebody answered this question for you the other day? So far, the pattern has been a roller coaster for this summer. The Buffalo area rarely hits 90 or above because of its proximity to Lake Erie. So if you're hoping for a scorcher of a summer, Buffalo is not your place to be. I would say it's safe to plan on mid 70s to mid 80s most days.

thank you very much. 

I've lived here all my life except for 2 years in Miami in the early 80's, (I went to trade school for hvac).  :)

I am still trying to decide if its worth it to get central air.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 2:24 PM, BuffaloWeather said:

Almost all Buffalo summers are the same. High 70s/Low 80s with high dewpoints. 90% of the days feature lots of sunshine and very little clouds due to lake Eries shadow. 

thank you very much.

I just read about dewpoints, that is really good to know.

https://www.weather.gov/arx/why_dewpoint_vs_humidity

what I was really hoping for, is finding a forecast for this summer.

is anyone forecasting a super hot summer, super cool summer, or typical?

thank you very much.

I just read about dewpoints, that is really good to know.

https://www.weather.gov/arx/why_dewpoint_vs_humidity

what I was really hoping for, is finding a forecast for this summer.

is anyone forecasting a super hot summer, super cool summer, or typical?

Just typical, no heat waves this year. Mostly 70's - 80's. 

• Weenie 1

thank you very much. 

I've lived here all my life except for 2 years in Miami in the early 80's, (I went to trade school for hvac).  :)

I am still trying to decide if its worth it to get central air.

Honestly, it’s a personal preference. You certainly don’t need air conditioning if you can tolerate humidity and occasional 90F+ heat waves that can last week or so.

We moved into a house with central air, and the comfort level is much higher, for us, our daughter (who has lung problems), and our pets. Since we’re both working from home, it’s nice to not feel sweaty and warm inside the house. But I’d say it’s not a necessity, especially if you can sleep through hot, sticky nights.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WNash said:

Honestly, it’s a personal preference. You certainly don’t need air conditioning if you can tolerate humidity and occasional 90F+ heat waves that can last week or so.

We moved into a house with central air, and the comfort level is much higher, for us, our daughter (who has lung problems), and our pets. Since we’re both working from home, it’s nice to not feel sweaty and warm inside the house. But I’d say it’s not a necessity, especially if you can sleep through hot, sticky nights.

thank you very much for your thoughtful reply.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WNash said:

Yeah I do not have AC currently, except a window unit for my bedroom. But I am getting it installed this year, its only $2500 for the entire house. I've never had AC living at home or when I moved out. When it's really warm at night I just splash water on my face and put a fan on. My old apartment used to be 80+ at night, it was rough.

• Like 2