• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

You posted a good follow up analysis to your first “trollish” June will be cold post, and this is informative too. Sorry, we’re a bit sensitive here after being traumatized by weeks of horrible weather. All good. 

He is a troll, I ignored him like I did Tim.

He posted this May 10th, "I don't see any 70' where I live (Rochester, NY) in next 15 days so I should be good. Let's hope we don't see our first 80 in late June."

And this, "I'm positive that WNY and Finger lakes will not start phase 1 On May 15th. Maybe last week of May or June 6th."

He is already wrong. He is a troll that doesn't post anything informational. He just wants to create drama. If he continues to just comment to stir controversy I'll ask a mod to remove him.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Stayed north of the clouds up at Chaumont Bay today. Made for a nice sunset tonight with clouds encroaching from the south. These shots are facing west across the bay. 

Beautiful shots! It was sunny here all day and then thick dark clouds took over just in time for sunset. No beautiful colors like you saw, but there were some fun looking cloud structures and types to look at.

28 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

0.81” here in the bucket since midnight. Yards a swamp again. 

I could have sworn this weekend was going to sunny and warm. The rain really killed the vibe last night and today so far. I am going to the Adirondacks this weekend to hike a few more peaks. Doesn't look too muddy there, but still snow/ice at the top of the peaks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I could have sworn this weekend was going to sunny and warm. The rain really killed the vibe last night and today so far. I am going to the Adirondacks this weekend to hike a few more peaks. Doesn't look too muddy there, but still snow/ice at the top of the peaks. 

Nice!  I’ve never hiked the ADK high peaks this time of year. Must be cool going from spring/green to winter over the course of a few hours. Which peaks are you planning to bag?

2 hours ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Nice!  I’ve never hiked the ADK high peaks this time of year. Must be cool going from spring/green to winter over the course of a few hours. Which peaks are you planning to bag?

I'm not sure yet, looking for a dog friendly one. Any recommendations? I know its going to be busy there this week.

Started putting in our vegetable garden. 80% of our seed starts died from shock, so we had to buy plants. Talked to an Earsing’s employee who said that going from snow to summer in a week killed a lot of people’s seedlings.

51 minutes ago, vortmax said:

What are anyone's thoughts about some nice warm frontal elevated storms tonight? Usually these have loud thunder due to the acoustics created by the front 

I’m right get there with you. The high res NAM has churned our some impressive nocturnal cells. Almost mcs like, but frontal driven. I also agree that elevated convection is super intense sometimes. I think a combination of positive strikes and interesting thermal profiles really amplifies sound.  I’ve definitely noticed that they seem louder over the years. 

• Like 1

My daughter was born on Sunday. Healthy girl 6 lb 8 oz. Brought her home from the hospital today in what may be one of the hottest days of the year lol (hit 94 here). This just 2 weeks after a day it snowed in heavy squalls that accumulated throughout the day. Excited to have another little one to share my weather obsession with when she gets older!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, WesterlyWx said:

My daughter was born on Sunday. Healthy girl 6 lb 8 oz. Brought her home from the hospital today in what may be one of the hottest days of the year lol (hit 94 here). This just 2 weeks after a day it snowed in heavy squalls that accumulated throughout the day. Excited to have another little one to share my weather obsession with when she gets older!

Congratulations!!!  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, WesterlyWx said:

Mazel tov!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, WesterlyWx said:

Congrats!!!

• Thanks 1