Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Banter 2020

George BM

Funny excerpt from NWS Houston:

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=HGX&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=0

Beyond 240 hours? Why are you asking beyond 240 hours? If beyond
240 hours you go, only pain will you find. Yes, I see what the
GFS is doing way out there, and I bring it up for the SOLE.
PURPOSE. of being a buzzkill. We are now approaching the time of
year when the GFS loves to generate tropical cyclones in the
western Gulf out of the Central American Gyre in its extended
range. The GFS does this...a lot. Every once in a great while, it
happens in real life, too! So, if someone starts buzzing about
the hurricane in the Gulf in two weeks, let us all take a deep
breath and remember that far more likely than not, this is just
the GFS reminding us that it is almost June, and nothing more.
Regardless of what one model says about a couple weeks out, it is
almost hurricane season, and we should be working on being
prepared for anything that may come in the next several months as
a matter of course. 25
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

47 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

So I bought a Honda mower today- the same one @George BM has and recommended. My dad has basically the same thing, but his has an electric start. I am good with pull start.

I'll get it put together on Saturday.

Enjoying an Oliver 205 IPA right now.

Never had a 205.  But 206 by Oliver is rather tasty. :D

• Haha 1

Just now, Scraff said:

Hallelujah!!:thumbsup: Because I need to have more beer in my life....said me never. Lol

Lol yeah, I haven’t had a shortage of beer on hand, although I’ve been drinking less the last 3-4 weeks. That said, I just like sampling and getting flights and obviously you can’t do that with carry out 

13 hours ago, fourseasons said:

My personal opinion, but if the NHL starts its next season in December I'm OK with that.  The regular season is too freakin' long.  When they had the strike-shortened season it was great because every game meant something.  And the NHL Center Ice subscription was only 50 bucks.

Bobby Orr did his flying leap on May 10 (50th anniversary this year!).  Now the Stanley Cup final goes into June.  Even Canadians are bored with hockey in June.  They need to shorten the season.  They won't, though.

The SPHL runs a 56 game regular season, it is just about right. Usually starts last week of October and playoff champ is crowned in early May.

11 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Quarantine problems-when you don’t have a need for 2 cars right now so you occasionally start your car up to let it run and forget all about it and accidentally let it run for 4 hours:o

Well that was a big waste of gas then lol

17 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Lol

In high school a  girl I knew  locked her keys in her car RUNNING with the wipers on HIGH speed LOL for 2 hours.  The wipers melted to the windshield :lmao:

Disappointing for a high school class, I'd have thought that at least one of her classmates would have know how to open a locked car.

That said, I can easily see the wiper blades melting with that stress, lucky the metal wiper frames did not scratch the windshield.

26 minutes ago, RDM said:

Wow - 11+ hours without a comment in Banter?  Is everyone hung over from too many IPAs?   

I’ve noticed without the coronavirus thread this place has really died out in general lol. I think people right now are focused on arguing on social media about racism and injustices. Or at least it seems. 

26 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

I’ve noticed without the coronavirus thread this place has really died out in general lol. I think people right now are focused on arguing on social media about racism and injustices. Or at least it seems. 

Like some of us predicted. But this is what the control freaks wanted. Less “clutter.”

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

The action here always dies off this time of year. Most of the regulars gradually disappear. This is a winter weather 'centric' forum, despite the fact we don't see much actual winter weather anymore in these parts.

AMATT

All March All The Time, except when it isn't AMATT, its AHATT from late May - early October. 

43 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

The action here always dies off this time of year. Most of the regulars gradually disappear. This is a winter weather 'centric' forum, despite the fact we don't see much actual winter weather anymore in these parts.

It was stupid and childish to not let people in this forum talk about the most unprecedented event in our lifetimes. Some of the posters active in this forum before have been posting in the New England forum instead, so they are still around, just not in here...

Just now, PhineasC said:

It was stupid and childish to not let people in this forum talk about the most unprecedented event in our lifetimes. Some of the posters active in this forum before have been posting in the New England forum instead, so they are still around, just not in here...

Well since I pushed for that thread to be started to begin with, I cant completely disagree. Ofc I don't have any say in which threads stay active and which ones are locked. I suggested a separate thread  mostly to keep the COVID talk from dominating banter, as it was at the time. Activity is definitely much lighter here now in general though, but that is typical for this time of year. At least there is an easily accessible option for those who want to engage in that discussion on this forum.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic