Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Banter 2020

George BM

3 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

What an absolutely amazing weather day. Totally perfect.

@Eskimo Joe and any other fishermen...

Any good ponds In the area that you can recommend? Totally catch and release unless it’s snakehead.

Pleasant Valley Fire Department in Carroll County has a good catch and release lake in front of their fire station. 

12 hours ago, Wonderdog said:

Check out a Toro self- propelled mower. Probably more expensive than a Snapper but hey, you're loaded.

Yea - we had an old Craftsman push mower for 30+ years back home.  Dad bought it in the late 60's.  Was a plain-Jane model with 21" cut and automatic push (that being me!).  Had a cast aluminum deck so it was very light and easy to push.  We changed the oil every few years and it never missed a beat until long after I moved away.  It was pre-safety BS too - no blade interlock or any of the other stuff that is just more things to break.  All the junk on mowers these days is just more stuff to wear out.  

I still have my two Gravely walk behind mowers too - one is a 1962 and the other a 1969.  Don't make them like that anymore too.  No safety stuff other than the owner's manual between the operator's ears.  I still use them on occasion for nostalgic reminiscing. The triple gang reel mower attachment provides a 75" width of cut, and endless gawks from passerby's.  That said, they can't compete with my Kubota BX - no cup holder on the walk behinds.  (profile pic shows the winter setup).  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JakkelWx said:

Memorial day today was absolutely awesome. Had a small BBQ (it's ok, police, it was like 6 people)

the weekend was nice overall. even saturday's cloudiness. we had one friend and her dogs come over yesterday for an afternoon of beer, food and the sun. kiddo went swimming, though she did not stay in the pool for very long haha

• Like 1

What a wonderful memorial day weekend. Had two amazing hikes, one on the Seneca Creek trail and one on Muddy Branch. I finally have my son able to do 3 mile hikes and he's only 4 - he'll be able to outlast me before he knows it.

Then on Memorial Day, we went to Black Rock Regional Park. It was soooo busy but the great thing is, the park and lake are huge and so even with so many people, we didn't even get nearly close to anyone else and got a nice spot down by the lake to picnic at.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, H2O said:

I never liked that pic. The pants make my ass look HUGE

Not so H2O. It’s the overlay of the capital A that gives that illusion in the photo. Your legs, however, would definitely make some of the girls jealous.  As always ....

31 minutes ago, yoda said:

NHL regular season over... will resume with 24 team playoff... but not before July 1st per announcement from Bettman

@Scraff @nj2va @nw baltimore wx

Yeah, outside of like golf and nascar, seems like we’re still more than a month away from any major sport starting back up. No new news on baseball and it’s almost June. Not a good sign 

8 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Yeah, outside of like golf and nascar, seems like we’re still more than a month away from any major sport starting back up. No new news on baseball and it’s almost June. Not a good sign 

Sounds like baseball is on a similar timeline. Not official yet, but I expect it soon.

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Sounds like baseball is on a similar timeline. Not official yet, but I expect it soon.

Something has to be up with baseball. The Os released 30 some players so contracts must be getting done.

41 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

I was listening to the Bettman presser. When he explained the draft it sounded confusimg as hell lol

I'm hoping they still have the playoffs. The good news would be that with a bye, the Caps can’t get bounced in round 1. 

43 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Something has to be up with baseball. The Os released 30 some players so contracts must be getting done.

I'm hoping they still have the playoffs. The good news would be that with a bye, the Caps can’t get bounced in round 1. 

How does the round robin games work between the top 4 teams in each conf.?

Didn't quite understand that other than it will determine seeds 1 - 4.

5 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

If the NHL and NBA are going to do this summer conclusion to the season, are they going to delay the start of next season?  They can't go right from the playoffs to a short break to the full next season.  The sport calendar is going to be packed in Aug/Sept if this all works out.

Good point. Honestly I think the NBA and NHL should have just scrapped this year and start fresh for next season (hopefully). Baseball still has a shot to play half a season but it doesn’t make sense for the sports that were in progress. Just my opinion 

18 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

If the NHL and NBA are going to do this summer conclusion to the season, are they going to delay the start of next season?  They can't go right from the playoffs to a short break to the full next season.  The sport calendar is going to be packed in Aug/Sept if this all works out.

NHL is trying for a full season starting in the fall but I can’t imagine that working out. 

21 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Good point. Honestly I think the NBA and NHL should have just scrapped this year and start fresh for next season (hopefully). Baseball still has a shot to play half a season but it doesn’t make sense for the sports that were in progress. Just my opinion 

I heard from a finacial standpoint the NHL needs to have its post season. The NBA maybe not.

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

1 hour ago, nj2va said:

NHL is trying for a full season starting in the fall but I can’t imagine that working out. 

I read awhile back about a December start to next year with a full season and no all star break.

My personal opinion, but if the NHL starts its next season in December I'm OK with that.  The regular season is too freakin' long.  When they had the strike-shortened season it was great because every game meant something.  And the NHL Center Ice subscription was only 50 bucks.

Bobby Orr did his flying leap on May 10 (50th anniversary this year!).  Now the Stanley Cup final goes into June.  Even Canadians are bored with hockey in June.  They need to shorten the season.  They won't, though.

6 minutes ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

It's a week out forecast, but ensembles also look comfortably cool to ring in meteorological summer next week!

Indeed but the temp maps are valid 00z so what is shown aren’t the max highs, and the euro is most aggressive with the chill. But yes, we probably won’t go higher than upper 60s to around 70 Monday. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic