Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Banter 2020

George BM

1 hour ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Early taste of Brood X for next spring? Must be an early straggler. I saw a few a year ago and was surprised. 

Most likely its Brood IX. They are emerging in VA, WV, and NC now.

2 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

LOL, just looked at son's forecast.

I'm dreaming....of a white.....Memorial Day.....just like the one's I used to know.......

image.png.9df7536dbff802347140e3225a733b79.png

I love snow just as much as the next guy but that looks miserable for late May.  It reminds me why I couldn’t live in northern New England or the mountains out west.  

4 hours ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Meh... Sun angle! Nothing but white rain! 

But seriously, pretty cool! I remember seeing it snow in CO years ago in July. But that was at the top of Mt. Evans at over 14,000 ft.

Well, he just texted this to me about 10 minutes ago, so that would be little before 6 pm their time...... so much for May sun angle......

image.png.dd0bac2a2f1965ef174db471c8fca3b8.png

• Like 4
  • Weenie 2

This squall line was supposed to move through at 9pm. It did move thru, then it just kind of stopped. The entire thing is just undulating in place, its like it just decided to quarantine in Central Texas and the rain just wont quit. Its hardly moving at all. The returns are yellow but now I see oranges and even reds developing. I read something about a Wake Low in the AFD. Well, I bitched all day about East Texas hogging all of the rain while I roasted in 94 degree sunshine. I got my rain, all right. In spades.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jebman said:

This squall line was supposed to move through at 9pm. It did move thru, then it just kind of stopped. The entire thing is just undulating in place, its like it just decided to quarantine in Central Texas and the rain just wont quit. Its hardly moving at all. The returns are yellow but now I see oranges and even reds developing. I read something about a Wake Low in the AFD. Well, I bitched all day about East Texas hogging all of the rain while I roasted in 94 degree sunshine. I got my rain, all right. In spades.

I watched that line coming in last night on a live feed on FB. Impressive!

Time for a new mower. The Briggs & Stratton on my walk behind SP mower just threw a rod lol. Big hole in the side of the block and what looks like a bolt from the connecting rod/cap is laying on the mower deck.

Any recommendations on a self propelled push mower? This one is a Snapper and worked fine for 7 years, outside of needing some carb cleaning.

11 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Time for a new mower. The Briggs & Stratton on my walk behind SP mower just threw a rod lol. Big hole in the side of the block and what looks like a bolt from the connecting rod/cap is laying on the mower deck.

Any recommendations on a self propelled push mower? This one is a Snapper and worked fine for 7 years, outside of needing some carb cleaning.

Check out a Toro self- propelled mower. Probably more expensive than a Snapper but hey, you're loaded.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I’ve had a craftsman for over 10 years. I know Sears has shit the bed and not sure if Lowe’s carries all the Craftsman line but I’ll alway buy one if available. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I just got a new Honda HRN216VKA self-propelled push mower (a durable mower) after the Toro that we had since 2003 finally gave up the ghost last month if this adds anything of value for you.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

My brother and I pushed one of these antiques for years at our Baltimore row home lol. 

PhotoPictureResizer_200525_113119498_crop_1281x2138-512x855.jpg

Ha yeah. I remember my dad had one when I was a little kid living in a row house in Edmonson Heights. I may have pushed it around a few times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George BM said:

I just got a new Honda HRN216VKA self-propelled push mower (a durable mower) after the Toro that we had since 2003 finally gave up the ghost last month if this adds anything of value for you.

Well funny you mention that. I was just talking to my dad and that is exactly what he has. He seems very happy with it. For the money, I am leaning in that direction.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

I watched that line coming in last night on a live feed on FB. Impressive!

There's this thin line over us today, 69 cool degrees with a nice rain falling, and even MORE on the way later today/tonight! Been lovin this! We got 3 inches of rain last night. Thats 10.5 inches on the month lol.

• Like 2

SNOW IN MAY!!!:o:o:o  Holy cow, this is more that we got all season during actual winter!!

Nahhh, just kidding!  It's only a coating of cottonwood seeds that are collecting all over the damned place.  But it sure looks like snow, and actually did "accumulate" more than what I saw this year!

(ETA:  I slant-sticked about 3/4 inch total, and it's still falling!)

777798106_CottonwoodSnow.JPG.1ad4e078a186af467d05388209d827bd.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic