Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Banter 2020

George BM

28 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

All joking aside, we’ve had a horrific stretch. I was maybe 33% of normal here last year, and almost all of that fell the first two weeks of December. Hopefully, we have a real winter.

*divides 3.9 for the season by normal of 26.5*

14.7% hmmmmmm..........

• Haha 1

Not a surprise, but Arlington County sent out an email today saying the “most likely” scenario is that we will be having remote learning in the fall.  The “least likely” scenario is a return to normal operations.  In between in terms of likelihood is some combination of in person and remote learning.  

Cracked open the peanut butter bourbon cereal killer stout from Independent Brewing co in Bel Air. It’s good, but more bitter than I would have envisioned and also on the boozy side for only being 6.8%. I guess that’s the bourbon flavors popping. Would get again, but it’s not on my top level tier of stouts 

CB543354-4560-4CB2-89CD-69CB9B00C3A1.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baltimorewx said:

Cracked open the peanut butter bourbon cereal killer stout from Independent Brewing co in Bel Air. It’s good, but more bitter than I would have envisioned and also on the boozy side for only being 6.8%. I guess that’s the bourbon flavors popping. Would get again, but it’s not on my top level tier of stouts 

CB543354-4560-4CB2-89CD-69CB9B00C3A1.jpeg

I love stouts so much but def not a bourbon guy so feel like I miss out on lot of releases. I also like my coffee iced so maybe that bourbon burn is what steers me away. 

13 minutes ago, Rvarookie said:

I love stouts so much but def not a bourbon guy so feel like I miss out on lot of releases. I also like my coffee iced so maybe that bourbon burn is what steers me away. 

It’s not a strong bourbon flavor, typically you don’t necessarily taste bourbon in the beer, it just makes the beer more boozy and gives it that barrel aged smell. I’m not a huge whiskey guy, Occasional old fashioned and manhattans but I’m def not a bourbon snob 

On 5/20/2020 at 8:18 PM, losetoa6 said:

I assume your talking about "Rise of Skywalker" and I agree it was very good.  The Force Awakens was a step above and Last Jedi a step below imo. How'd your boy like it ?

I thought Rogue one was also pretty decent. 

Yea. He liked them all.  I think 6&9 were his favorites. He is 5 and if not for the current situation might have waited another year or two but what the hell. We got through all the movies in about a week and are now on the cartoon series Rebels.  

I think Last Jedi was a good movie as a stand alone movie but it also was the least Star Wars Star Wars movie and had issues as a middle chapter in the trilogy. I see both the critics and fans perspectives.  I think Rise of Skywalker would be an awful stand alone movie but was a very good Star Wars movie. So I see why critics panned it (same reason they pan most action flicks) BUT I think with Star Wars fans it suffered from “I’m hurt about #8 so I’m gonna trash #9”. 

I love Rogue one, it might be the best of the post Lucas films imo.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

LOL, just looked at son's forecast.

I'm dreaming....of a white.....Memorial Day.....just like the one's I used to know.......

image.png.9df7536dbff802347140e3225a733b79.png

Meh... Sun angle! Nothing but white rain! 

But seriously, pretty cool! I remember seeing it snow in CO years ago in July. But that was at the top of Mt. Evans at over 14,000 ft.

23 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Meh... Sun angle! Nothing but white rain! 

But seriously, pretty cool! I remember seeing it snow in CO years ago in July. But that was at the top of Mt. Evans at over 14,000 ft.

Yep, we were up there (Mt Evans) 2 years ago in mid August and it was snowing and 31 degrees lol! Crazy. We didn't stay long after it started, that is NOT a road you want to traverse with snow/ice on it, and it was accumulating.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic