Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Banter 2020

George BM

2 hours ago, H2O said:

Insert RR joke here: plenty of power still in these old pipes and no dripping!!!!

Thank you!!

Lol. I would have figured they would have cracked by now. Happy Birthday old man. May you have many more happy healthy ones. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mappy said:

Today is Andy's birthday, be sure to tell him he's old. :) 

Last I heard, he was just 26. Based on his avatars expression, perhaps that should be taken with a grain of salt. No matter even If you are older,  H2O and your plumbing is still good, you’ve beaten the odds, well done. As always ....

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ravensrule said:

Lol. I would have figured they would have cracked by now. Happy Birthday old man. May you have many more happy healthy ones. 

That only happens if they don't get used.  Then they get brittle.  That isn't happening with me.

Thank you tho.  Appreciate the well wishes.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rclab said:

Last I heard, he was just 26. Based on his avatars expression, perhaps that should be taken with a grain of salt. No matter even If you are older,  H2O and your plumbing is still good, you’ve beaten the odds, well done. As always ....

pffft add 20 plus some to that. next year, i am going to troll his old over the hill ass so badly. mwahahahahaha 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mappy said:

pffft add 20 plus some to that. next year, i am going to troll his old over the hill ass so badly. mwahahahahaha 

My my such intensity. You full name must be Mappy F5 Tornado. No wonder everyone behave in the M A. As always ....

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

I remember the 17 year locusts back in the mid 80s as a kid in Baltimore.  They were bouncing off houses and the school walls constantly lol.:lol:

Yeah and I remember them from when I was a little kid at my grandmas in Catonsville. Pretty insane.

We don't really get them over here- maybe a few here and there. Something to do with the sandy/silty soil I think.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Maybe this is the year for the emergence of the -NAO during actual winter. Once every 10 years perhaps.

It's gotta be an 11 year cycle right? 2009-10 was the last minimum, and 2020-21 is just coming out of the minimum so perfect time to get a february 2010 repeat. Maybe a bootleg 2010 tho as ENSO is gonna be in the la nina phases instead of the el nino during fall-winter of 2009-10.

2 minutes ago, LP08 said:

You’re right, but that’s a more localized brood 9. The more extensive east coast brood 10 is next year.

https://wtop.com/local/2020/05/dont-bug-out-2021-will-see-emergence-of-trillions-of-cicadas/

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

You’re right, but that’s a more localized brood 9. The more extensive east coast brood 10 is next year.

https://wtop.com/local/2020/05/dont-bug-out-2021-will-see-emergence-of-trillions-of-cicadas/

I remember the brood 9 when I lived in Fredericksburg in high school.  The badminton racquets came in handy. :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JakkelWx said:

It's gotta be an 11 year cycle right? 2009-10 was the last minimum, and 2020-21 is just coming out of the minimum so perfect time to get a february 2010 repeat. Maybe a bootleg 2010 tho as ENSO is gonna be in the la nina phases instead of the el nino during fall-winter of 2009-10.

Now I'm wondering about this...Are we heading out of the minimum, or does this year mark the official "start"? I'm a bit confused about how they measure it. Because if we get a "lag" effect, I don't know where the clock would start from, so to speak, lol

3 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Maybe this is the year for the emergence of the -NAO during actual winter. Once every 10 years perhaps.

Pfft. Everybody knows that getting a -NAO during winter is absolutely futile these days. I'm consulting with the reaper @WxWatcher007 for an early booking in the panic room for next winter. Fire up that thread! :lol:

• Haha 1

I've heard talk of a rare Double Omega Block forming over the North American Conus by next week.

If this is realized, wouldnt that place Texas in a trough that would in effect be very stable meridionally? Meaning, it wouldnt move much?

We might end up getting  TN/West Va/ SW Virginia'd lmao! I was laughing at the Mid Atlantic getting bedeviled by a pesky upper level low lol.

53 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Niña’s coming. Early bird specials may just be available by Independence Day. Save up. 

This upcoming winter, the Winter of 2020 - 2021, will be very different from a Nina perspective. It will play out more like a moderate Nino. Washington DC will definitely get much more snow than last winter. At this time - It looks like 25- 35 inches on the season. It probably will go up as we progress towards October.

I have now been living in South Central Texas, specifically in Buda, Texas, for nearly 2 years. The anniversary is Aug 26.

This place is like California. We dont have much weather. It just stays hot, except in "winter" when it is less hot. lol

Here, because we dont have much weather, I have now taken to sports as an official obsession, I mean I am now obsessed with ALL sports, in lieu of weather.

But this upcoming Memorial Day weekend and throughout the following week and possibly BEYOND!!!!!!, will likely be a very rare exception.

The following excerpt is why I think this may be so:

.LONG TERM (Saturday Night through Thursday)...

By Saturday evening, the large scale pattern will consist of a slow-
moving Four Corners trough and a secondary upper level disturbance
near the western Great Lakes within the amplifying mean east CONUS
ridging. The humid, soupy airmass already in place with dew points
mainly in the upper 60s to mid 70s is expected to persist until
around Tuesday at least. By that time, the Four Corners trough will
have reached the TX panhandle and cut off from the mean flow. It`s
not expected to exit our region for several days after that, perhaps
influencing our weather through the following weekend with chances
for showers and thunderstorms every day through the long term period
and maybe even beyond. The reason for this stalling of the upper low
is a rather anomalous trough-ridge-trough-ridge-trough pattern
stretching from the EPac to the W Atlantic that will spend several
days completely disconnected from the upper level jet near the
US/Canadian border.

If this comes even close to verifying, I will be as excited as I would have been in Dale City in January for a 36 inch snowstorm!

We have already seen 7.5 inches of rain this May. Nine to ten days ago last Tuesday, we got treated to a 6 inch rain extravaganza that was not even predicted! Storms trained over us for three to four hours then it rained for another four hours at much lower rates.

If we can get trained over by repetitive efficient rain producers, I will be very very elated indeed! I might even have to go out on an extended jebwalk! We already have pretty wet ground here!  This could end up being most enjoyable indeed! I. LOVE. FLOODS. WITH. ALL. MY. HEART!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic