• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Banter 2020

George BM

Does look like easterly flow for the next week. However, as the ULL departs the winds become weak and the strong diurnal heating of late May finally overcomes the bleh airmass and we warm into the 70s and some 80s here and there

So my mom had a double mastectomy +  new breast reconstruction surgery earlier today. Amazed that's even possible in one go.

I stopped by on my way home to see how she was doing, and she is feeding her dogs (she has 10 of them). My dad was helping, but i was like, wtf are you doing? You just had major surgery and you are 73!  It really is incredible what can be done today with advances in medicine and technology. To her credit, she is in incredible shape,  eats correctly and exercises to a fault, like her son. I have her to thank for instilling those attributes in me.

• Like 12

Was looking forward to this one, brewed with graham crackers, lactose, marshmallows, vanilla and spices. Unfortunately it doesn’t live up. Certainly drinkable but not thick enough of a mouthfeel and I don’t taste the spices that would make it pie like. Basically just a cherry sour at 7.2%

C5665C80-11BE-4FFC-97FA-785DB3EDBBAA.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Fellow Construction worker?

Enjoying my double India pale ale by Molly Pitcher Brewing co(Carlisle) while watching The Empire Strikes Back .

PhotoPictureResizer_200520_193709165_crop_2932x1830.jpg

mmmm... Falcon you have there... nice it is yes yes.  Fan of Solo are you?

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Yes sir....Original and I have the original box to. But I'm a believer in keeping it out for viewing.  Kind of like having a awesome collector car but never driving it. I say unleash the beast lol.  The original 3 Star Wars movies are bar none the best movies imo ever made :thumbsup:

I remember we talked before you saw the last one. Empire is by far the best and the other originals beat anything since but after viewing the last one again with my son on Disney+ still don’t get the hate. It might not be exactly how I would have done things but it’s entertaining enough if you just watch it as an action movie and don’t bring in the “how you wanted it to end” stuff. It’s not the hard to watch mess some of the prequels were imo. 

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

I assume your talking about "Rise of Skywalker" and I agree it was very good.  The Force Awakens was a step above and Last Jedi a step below imo. How'd your boy like it ?

I thought Rogue one was also pretty decent. 

Rogue One was excellent... I really hope they make one with Obi-Wan.  Solo was pretty good to IMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Enjoying my double India pale ale by Molly Pitcher Brewing co(Carlisle) while watching The Empire Strikes Back .

PhotoPictureResizer_200520_193709165_crop_2932x1830.jpg

My siblings and I played with one of those when I was a kid (the Falcon, not the beer); it's probably still in the parents' basement, but not in that pristine condition.

My family actually makes fun of me for my hatred of Empire Strikes Back.  Of course, I haven't seen a Star Wars movie since I endured whatever #2 was named and after that I threw in the towel.

4 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

So my mom had a double mastectomy +  new breast reconstruction surgery earlier today. Amazed that's even possible in one go.

I stopped by on my way home to see how she was doing, and she is feeding her dogs (she has 10 of them). My dad was helping, but i was like, wtf are you doing? You just had major surgery and you are 73!  It really is incredible what can be done today with advances in medicine and technology. To her credit, she is in incredible shape,  eats correctly and exercises to a fault, like her son. I have her to thank for instilling those attributes in me.

Yep went through something similar myself. Had a lumpectomy and reduction all in one go. Had to do it that way really as after radiation no breast surgeon would touch the radiated side. Glad to here you mom is strong and got through it. And hoping for a speedy recovery.   

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Wow, will say a prayer for her.  Amazing to hear how active she is right after the surgery.  Hopefully she has a fast recovery.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Your mother is an amazing person. Your mom is able to create, use and internalize her own positive energy. May I ask how long your parents have been married? When you take stock of yourself I’m sure you are thankful for their successful recipe. May their partnership set a record for longevity. As always ....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Glad she is doing ok and recovering well.

My mom had a single mastectomy back in the 90s.  And I'm thankful to this day she has beaten cancer for almost 30 years since she had the operation.

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic