Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Banter 2020

George BM

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Where are all the happy hour drinkers?

Decided to do a shot of Jager cold brew coffee, right out of the freezer ofc. Normally only drink digestifs as a night cap, but felt like starting off with a little bang.

Resting the liver while the weather is crappy

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rvarookie said:

Resting the liver while the weather is crappy

Lol. Its all relative.

Other than the wind, I will take this weather over the 85-90 we could be easily be dealing with at this time. Also wouldn't mind a bit of rain. Dw, a stretch of 70s and low 80s is on the way, with some humidity. I would be totally content if we don't sniff 90 for another month.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

59 here currently. Chilly out there with that stiff east wind blowing. Fall like!

Terrible spring weather. So hard to get outside and enjoy when it’s windy and chilly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Where are all the happy hour drinkers?

Decided to do a shot of Jager cold brew coffee, right out of the freezer ofc. Normally only drink digestifs as a night cap, but felt like starting off with a little bang.

I’m trying to cut back significantly lol. Body just can’t keep up. But I have a beer pick up tomorrow at crooked crab brewery in Odenton. Double cherry pie. Supposedly brewed with cherries, vanilla, graham crackers and lactose. 7% so it’s on the imperial sour side of things 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mappy said:

Terrible spring weather. So hard to get outside and enjoy when it’s windy and chilly

The wind is a bit much. I thought today would have been perfect with the same temps and maybe a 15 mph breeze. I know people have these visions of days and days in the 70s with low dew points in May, but we don't do perfect here. Given the inevitable, persistent heat and humidity that is coming, I will gladly take cooler than ideal this time of year, and like it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Lol. Its all relative.

Other than the wind, I will take this weather over the 85-90 we could be easily be dealing with at this time. Also wouldn't mind a bit of rain. Dw, a stretch of 70s and low 80s is on the way, with some humidity. I would be totally content if we don't sniff 90 for another month.

Haha I think the weather was just my excuse to finally take much needed break. Got to be ready for a rough holiday weekend coming up B) 

Just now, Rvarookie said:

Haha I think the weather was just my excuse to finally take much needed break. Got to be ready for a rough holiday weekend coming up B) 

Looks like the much sought after "perfectly warm" holiday weekend coming up, other than possibly some showers on Saturday. Low to mid 70s for highs, and 50s at night.

5 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

I’m trying to cut back significantly lol. Body just can’t keep up. But I have a beer pick up tomorrow at crooked crab brewery in Odenton. Double cherry pie. Supposedly brewed with cherries, vanilla, graham crackers and lactose. 7% so it’s on the imperial sour side of things 

That Crooked Crab one sounds great! The Hefeweizen they have sounds good too. Been a while since I’ve had a legit one. Been IPAing it a lot recently, but like you I have been trying to cut back. Been keeping it to Thursday-Sunday only.  However, when hockey comes back, it will be whatever day the Caps play. :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

The wind is a bit much. I thought today would have been perfect with the same temps and maybe a 15 mph breeze. I know people have these visions of days and days in the 70s with low dew points in May, but we don't do perfect here. Given the inevitable, persistent heat and humidity that is coming, I will gladly take cooler than ideal this time of year, and like it.

Ya never know.. out of all years since the last actual cool summer we've had, this year seems like one of those years where the warm ups keep getting delayed in the LR and we're ending up with a sunny version of easterly flow diarrhea for the next 10 days

• Like 1

Just now, JakkelWx said:

Ya never know.. out of all years since the last actual cool summer we've had, this year seems like one of those years where the warm ups keep getting delayed in the LR and we're ending up with a sunny version of easterly flow diarrhea for the next 10 days

Maybe the year without a winter will also feature a "non- summer". I am down for it. Would be awesome to experience a New England style summer for once.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Scraff said:

That Crooked Crab one sounds great! The Hefeweizen they have sounds good too. Been a while since I’ve had a legit one. Been IPAing it a lot recently, but like you I have been trying to cut back. Been keeping it to Thursday-Sunday only.  However, when hockey comes back, it will be whatever day the Caps play. :lol: 

Haha yeah, I’m mostly a dark beer kinda guy but the sours  have been intriguing lately...places doing some crazy shizz with their sours now 

Just now, nj2va said:

That’s an amazing view. Fall should be spectacular. My partner is from NH so I always enjoy getting up there and ME especially in the summer and fall. 

It's amazing. The prior owner of this property took great pains to position the house so the epic view is perfectly framed through the great room windows, and there is also an observation point on the deck where it sticks out and you can take pictures with zero obstructions on the sides. The pictures don't even do it justice as there are massive buttressing ridges on both sides the camera misses.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Still a bit of snow up on Mt Adams and Mt Madison.

Headed back to flatland for a few weeks soon.

There are snow patches that survive there well into July, and even August sometimes. I was up there last summer the second week in July, and there were some hard core skiers getting a few turns in.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Let me know how that is.

I've been contemplating a "pie" version of the fruited sour w/lactose.

20 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Today is equally awful. Did get outside with the kiddo and did a weather science lesson today, saw some military jets fly by too. couldn't tell you what kind, big bulky tails on them. boxy. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic