Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Banter 2020

George BM

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

^that looks amazing @Mrs.J! What was the recipe? We like Indian.

@WxUSAFHere you go Coconut Chicken Curry

33 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

curry is very delicious. it's one of my fav foods. i dont cook it inside though because it stinks up the house

I love that smell. But actually this one did not leave the curry smell in the house. Maybe because it used about 7 different spices along with the Curry powder.

5 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I made chicken tikka masala in a slow cooker a while back and it turned out delicious and smelled awesome.

That is usually what I make. But have gotten to like coconut milk in things. 

• Like 2

Warm muggy night in rural WV with neighborhood fireworks going off from several directions.  Guess it’s the pre-Memorial Day weekend celebration ?  Actually it will be every weekend from now through the summer.

Not sure the stands are open so these must be from surplus stock ?

2 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Made some Curry tonight. New recipe and it was darn tasty! 

DC018266-1DAA-4732-97BE-744BBD283935.jpeg

That looks so good. If the old saying is true that the way to a mans Heart is through his stomach, Mr J must still be uncontrollably in love. As always ....

@nj2va @nw baltimore wx @Scraff @Chris78

What do you all think of Gudas's comments?

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2020/05/snapshots-gudas-chl-lawsuit-miller.html?fv-home=true&post-id=120193

The NHL has been clear about their desire to resume and complete the 2019-20 season at some point this summer, but that’s not shared by every player in the league. Radko Gudas was interviewed in the Czech Republic about his concerns for a restart, and Alexandra Petakova of Russian Machine Never Breaks translated it to English. Never one to hide his feelings, Gudas doesn’t think restarting the season is a good idea:

If one guy is infected, basically the whole league has it in a week, given how they are planning to have everyone play against everyone. One stupid stumble and you can cancel it all again.

Perhaps more interesting from the interview however are Gudas’ comments on his future with the Washington Capitals. The veteran defenseman explained that the team is facing a difficult salary cap situation and believes that he and “a lot of the guys with contracts about to expire” will end up leaving the Capitals this offseason. Washington has four players on the NHL roster who are scheduled for unrestricted free agency: Gudas, Ilya Kovalchuk, Brenden Dillon and, perhaps most importantly, Braden Holtby.

41 minutes ago, yoda said:

He's not wrong.  It's going to be pretty tough to get any sports team to buy into playing any time soon.  I wouldn't even know where to begin regarding a discussion about contracts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

^that looks amazing @Mrs.J! What was the recipe? We like Indian.

Not all curry is Indian. My wife makes tasty Japanese curry dishes. Different for sure. Same general ideas, but a bit less pungent. Look up some recipes. HMart has several premixed products of varying tastes and spice. 

6 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Made some Curry tonight. New recipe and it was darn tasty! 

DC018266-1DAA-4732-97BE-744BBD283935.jpeg

Looks scrumptious Mrs. J.  My wife is Asian-born and makes all kinds of curry.  She has curry from Japan, Thailand and India.  It's so darn good I always overindulge.  What you have there looks like some of the curry my cook in India used to make.  He had about 20 kinds of curry powder in my kitchen.  Ranged from medium to beyond hot.  He used to get a read on how I was feeling before cooking to get the spicy right.  India has the best carrots in the world too (they are red, not orange), which go great with all curry.  Same thing when we lived in Thailand.  Our cook had all kinds of curry powder.  They have various kinds of green, red, yellow, brown and orange curry - and some of it will light you on fire.  What you have there in the picture just looks fantastic.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

He's not wrong.  It's going to be pretty tough to get any sports team to buy into playing any time soon.  I wouldn't even know where to begin regarding a discussion about contracts.

Dillon and Ilya were always supposed to be rentals.  The problem is Holtby.  Fans will want him to stay but Samsonov is the future. Can’t keep everyone. Ovi’s contract is due next year too

12 hours ago, yoda said:

I really want hockey back, but Gudas makes a legit statement. I know Bettman wants a Stanley Cup winner, but at what cost? Half (or more) of the league gets Covid along the way? 

Contracts - I am not worried about that until the season is done. I have enough other things to be worried about. Haha. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Ironically enough, last evening around 630 was the lightest crowd I've seen at wegmans in 2 months. And, I didnt see a single retail store open that was previously closed.

On the flip side, yesterday was the first day I’ve driven through actual rush hour traffic on the beltway. It was really light but not empty like it has been.

20 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Dude, that sucks. Is it worth taking or selling the trunks to a lumber mill? It would be a shame to waste it all.

We actually had a guy with a portable saw mill come by and saw up the last couple trees we had to take down, was a pretty awesome experience. We had a local carpenter build a hutch, shelves and bar table out of it so far. Couple of projects on the plan just haven't had time to think about it.

I still have probably 100 or so board feet left from that, so these are gonna end up as firewood. Asked them to cut the trunks into 20" sections so I can split. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mdhokie said:

We actually had a guy with a portable saw mill come by and saw up the last couple trees we had to take down, was a pretty awesome experience. We had a local carpenter build a hutch, shelves and bar table out of it so far. Couple of projects on the plan just haven't had time to think about it.

I still have probably 100 or so board feet left from that, so these are gonna end up as firewood. Asked them to cut the trunks into 20" sections so I can split. 

We’ve got a commercial saw mill near here (Erdrich Lumber) and I’m pretty sure that they pay for large trees that can be milled, but probably not worth the hassle for most people, including me.

That’s cool that you had furnishings made from them.

I have a few oaks I need taken down, and too close to the house to do it myself. Not dead, just too close and a pain in the ass, always dropping small branches and tree debris on the roof. I have a hydraulic log splitter, so I will have them taken down and cut to length, and left behind to split for firewood. Probably wait until Fall.

6 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I have a few oaks I need taken down, and too close to the house to do it myself. Not dead, just too close and a pain in the ass, always dropping small branches and tree debris on the roof. I have a hydraulic log splitter, so I will have them taken down and cut to length, and left behind to split for firewood. Probably wait until Fall.

Let me know if you want some help loading the logs. That’s fun work with a splitter.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Looks great. Online recipe?

Very simple. Recipe is intended to make them "healthier" so you dont have to use whole wheat flour if white is preferred.

3 cups ww flour

1.5 tsp baking powder

3 cups plain greek yogurt nonfat

Egg wash on top and whatever toppings you want. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So my family has had quite the last two weeks. Not only was my brother in OH, an essential employee at Fermi Nuclear Power Plant in MI as an Electrician, tested positive for COVID-19. He has been in quarantine in his home with only mild symptoms for now. Then yesterday my mom calls me from FL to tell me that my other brother in GA fell off his roof about 45 ft. down as he lives in the GA mountains and their back yard slopes down. He was life flighted  to Erlanger Hospital in Chattanooga. No family can see him as he is in ICU but my sister who lives in Atlanta picked up his wife and drove her up to at least be closer. Lucky for him just broken bones and a bad laceration on his head. The older Miss J. was supposed to have her recital this weekend, which has been postponed to August. And it is my sisters 17th Anniversary today hoping she gets to go back to Atlanta to be with her husband. 

Needless to say I have a rose bush. It has a mess of buds on it but as of last night they had not opened. This morning when I went out to water the front garden I found this perfectly opened bloom. The timing could not be any better. Mother Nature shows you her beauty just when it is needed. 

rose.jpg

• Like 11

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic