Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Banter 2020

George BM

1 hour ago, Rvarookie said:

What do folks that generally drink stouts prefer when the temps heat up? Trying to find a good warm weather beer, but haven’t had much luck...

Not weather related for me. I drink in the AC, not outside in the stifling heat and humidity of summer. That's what water is for.

1 hour ago, mdhokie said:

Just signed a contract to take down 8 big oak trees, all dead. No one seems to know whats going on with oaks in MD. Theory is a wet 2018 and the drought of last fall really stressed them and disease/insects finish them off. Such a shame. We will re-plant but will never be the same in my lifetime.

https://extension.umd.edu/sites/extension.umd.edu/files/_docs/programs/hgic/Non_hgic_pubs/Maryland Pest Alert - Problems on White Oaks.pdf

Dude, that sucks. Is it worth taking or selling the trunks to a lumber mill? It would be a shame to waste it all.

2 hours ago, Rvarookie said:

What do folks that generally drink stouts prefer when the temps heat up? Trying to find a good warm weather beer, but haven’t had much luck...

I still drink stouts in summer but if I’m looking to just be refreshed I’ll do some sours or just corona light. That’s beer anyway, of course some fruity cocktails are occasionally in the mix. Try dogfish head sea quench if you don’t mind the gose/sour taste 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mdhokie said:

Just signed a contract to take down 8 big oak trees, all dead. No one seems to know whats going on with oaks in MD. Theory is a wet 2018 and the drought of last fall really stressed them and disease/insects finish them off. Such a shame. We will re-plant but will never be the same in my lifetime.

https://extension.umd.edu/sites/extension.umd.edu/files/_docs/programs/hgic/Non_hgic_pubs/Maryland Pest Alert - Problems on White Oaks.pdf

Interesting. My oak seems fine, but I have a birch tree that seems to have similar symptoms. 

27 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Dude, that sucks. Is it worth taking or selling the trunks to a lumber mill? It would be a shame to waste it all.

I have 6 dead oaks on my property right now

2 hours ago, mdhokie said:

4 hours ago, mdhokie said:

We have dead oaks scattered throughout our neighborhood.  Took one down in my yard last fall.  Not widespread, but it is always notable when one of the big ones dies quickly.

5 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Don't get me wrong. I try a lot of things. The two things I grew up with that I refuse to eat anymore is Hamsalad and Boiled Dinner. I get that some things may taste good but it has to pass my bad gag reflix first. Or else it will come out looking worse than going in. :D

Reverse/elimination logic. I like it. As always ......

3 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Ok so Mr. J. Wanted a hair cut. All I had was horse clippers and a mane comb. Had to deal with a wasp flying up my shorts and stinging the crap out of my thigh, but I got him sheared. Don’t ask me how good I did. Let’s just say his head is cooler now. :rolleyes:

4F4C2F3D-CECD-4ACD-987D-5142FB4B97D3.jpeg

Mr, J is a very fortunate to have you as a partner. As long as both His ears are still there you did fine. You may want to report the wasp to the Me Too movement. As always ...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Tonight was crab feast night! The beer is a pumpkin ale from cult classic 

5AB81180-212E-48CE-BB14-5A24ACC95D27.jpeg

Looks good. 

Good to see Cult Classic is doing ok. I miss going there and having a flight. They literally just got their kitchen going when the covid shit started.

• Like 1

Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

Looks good. 

Good to see Cult Classic is doing ok. I miss going there and having a flight. They literally just got their kitchen going when the covid shit started.

They had some farmers market right next to their building yesterday. I’m not sure how the actual place is doing. I seemed to be the only one picking anything up. I saw the owner on Facebook complaining about the small business loan approval process

Just now, Baltimorewx said:

They had some farmers market right next to their building yesterday. I’m not sure how the actual place is doing. I seemed to be the only one picking anything up. I saw the owner on Facebook complaining about the small business loan approval process

Yeah I was concerned if they would be able to survive. Relatively new brewery but they have a great product. I was a regular. Hopefully they can make it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah I was concerned if they would be able to survive. Relatively new brewery but they have a great product. I was a regular. Hopefully they can make it.

Yeah the pumpkin ale is ok. Pretty much your run of the mill pumpkin style. I’ll try a stout if they put one out 

Yeah the pumpkin ale is ok. Pretty much your run of the mill pumpkin style. I’ll try a stout if they put one out 

Yeah the pumpkin is decent. I am not a big fan of those type beers overall. Hard to do well. RAR has a great one, but you have to find it on tap. Its called Big Lizz. Brewed with locally grown butternut squash.

Cult Classic has a very good oatmeal stout and a high gravity dark ale that is very stout like. I love their IPAs, esp the fruity/hazy one. I forget what they call it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah the pumpkin is decent. I am not a big fan of those type beers overall. Hard to do well. RAR has a great one, but you have to find it on tap. Its called Big Lizz. Brewed with locally grown butternut squash.

Cult Classic has a very good oatmeal stout and a high gravity dark ale that is very stout like. I love their IPAs, esp the fruity/hazy one. I forget what they call it.

Would love to try the oatmeal and dark ale. Yeah I’m a pumpkin beer fiend. I’ve had a ton of them. Hard to put my finger on which one is best. But greater pumpkin By heavy seas and dogfish head punkin are pretty good 

Would love to try the oatmeal and dark ale. Yeah I’m a pumpkin beer fiend. I’ve had a ton of them. Hard to put my finger on which one is best. But greater pumpkin By heavy seas and dogfish head punkin are pretty good 

Yeah I have to be in the mood for those. I always liked the Flying Dog "The Fear" Imperial Pumpkin ale. About 9% abv.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic